The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Polishing a turd, touched up the wheels as looking tatty, boshed on some cheapo nut covers for added style..lol

Awaiting some chinesium copy off wheel centre stickers to plop through the letterbox

Wheels look good. Did you paint the whole front of the wheel?

Get the drums painted to will look good.

Due to the fog here in Wake's field this morning it was the sound of the 70's with my Fiesta 950 deciding to flatten its battery in only about three tries.

As it's only three days since I've used it and the battery is an ancient square pin one I ordered a new one from Euro car parts at 1400 which has just been delivered, which was nice.

Came with these which we only £4

post-17845-0-41511600-1542989016_thumb.jpg

I took this as a trade-in this afternoon against a Mégane CC, allowed them £50 for it.

They drove it from Poland three months ago.  Having driven it for ten minutes this afternoon.... they deserve a Pride of Britain award.

Is it worth sticking it on Gumtree or shall I just drive it into things then leave it somewhere?

post-5127-0-84883800-1542990392_thumb.jpeg

post-5127-0-79837100-1542990469_thumb.jpeg

I took this as a trade-in this afternoon against a Mégane CC, allowed them £50 for it.

They drove it from Poland three months ago.  Having driven it for ten minutes this afternoon.... they deserve a Pride of Britain award.

Is it worth sticking it on Gumtree or shall I just drive it into things then leave it somewhere?

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_f13.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_f14.jpeg

Drive it into things? Like banks and cash machines?

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_f13.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_f14.jpeg

Depends, what engine's it packing? 

A tappety 1.6 16v

Cackers. Does it have the original head unit? 

Had it been a V6, I know the ferries are so expensive so they are (HA! IN REVERSE!!) but mid nineties optimism turquoise and a trip out would have probably swung it for me. 

In the garage earlier, I noticed that the torque wrench was set to 9lb.ft. That's initial tightening for the 2CV's cylinder heads. Uh-oh. Did I forget to take it to the full fat 17lb.ft?! 

No, it didn't. After ripping the bodywork off so I could remove the rocker covers, it was all fine and I must have set it at 9 for some other reason I've now forgotten. Idiot.

I've been offered a free Focus but its far too new for classic insurance so head says no.

On the other hand using the 220 as my daily drive is feeling increasingly silly especially now that work have thinned the fleet for the winter so its harder to borrow anything smaller than a XLWB Boxer when it breaks.  So I sinned chaps and looked on Money Supermarket for an insurance quote.  £250 fully comp with no NCB WTF?  I might have to get it, sorry.

EDIT   Arse,  make that £370 when I type the registration of a Focus rather than a Fiesta (of course I don't need glasses).

I've been offered a free Focus but its far too new for classic insurance so head says no.

On the other hand using the 220 as my daily drive is feeling increasingly silly especially now that work have thinned the fleet for the winter so its harder to borrow anything smaller than a XLWB Boxer when it breaks. So I sinned chaps and looked on Money Supermarket for an insurance quote. £250 fully comp with no NCB WTF? I might have to get it, sorry.

You have been forgiven, my son.

They drove it from Poland three months ago. Having driven it for ten minutes this afternoon.... they deserve a Pride of Britain award.

fullsizeoutput_f13.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f14.jpeg

Where in the world are you and is th we e anything wrong with it ?

Need to get some No Nonsense on the 75 door latches. It was a frosty morning on Thursday and when I opened the drivers door to get my scraper the door wouldnt close again, instead it just bounced open, very annoying. Working the lock off the key sorted it.

Also, need to keep an eye on the temperature, looks like it is still struggling to reach operating temperature. The longer run to Scotoshite on Wednesday should confirm. I'll be very annoyed if the inline thermostat repair hasn't workwd because the experts* almost say its a guaranteed fix. I bought it from DMGRS so I' m confident it's fit for purpose and I followed the instructions to the letter/mm. It was also a ballache to fit. If it's still playing up I might sack it off.

I don't mind things breaking but when you carry out a correct repair and the car still doesn't want to behave, it makes me pretty cross.

In the garage earlier, I noticed that the torque wrench was set to 9lb.ft. That's initial tightening for the 2CV's cylinder heads. Uh-oh. Did I forget to take it to the full fat 17lb.ft?! 

No, it didn't. After ripping the bodywork off so I could remove the rocker covers, it was all fine and I must have set it at 9 for some other reason I've now forgotten. Idiot.

Shouldn't they be wound back to zero after use to keep them in spec? Something about the spring stretching over time rings a bell.

Need to get some No Nonsense on the 75 door latches. It was a frosty morning on Thursday and when I opened the drivers door to get my scraper the door wouldnt close again, instead it just bounced open, very annoying. Working the lock off the key sorted it.

Also, need to keep an eye on the temperature, looks like it is still struggling to reach operating temperature. The longer run to Scotoshite on Wednesday should confirm. I'll be very annoyed if the inline thermostat repair hasn't workwd because the experts* almost say its a guaranteed fix. I bought it from DMGRS so I' m confident it's fit for purpose and I followed the instructions to the letter/mm. It was also a ballache to fit. If it's still playing up I might sack it off.

I don't mind things breaking but when you carry out a correct repair and the car still doesn't want to behave, it makes me pretty cross.

The bouncing door lock thing is a pain. Mine does it a lot, never managed to sort it out. I got a stat in mine, but the proper one. I didnt fit it but it was a nightmare i was told. Hopefully yours should work. Mine still takes ages to get up to temp.

Due to the fog here in Wake's field this morning it was the sound of the 70's with my Fiesta 950 deciding to flatten its battery in only about three tries.

As it's only three days since I've used it and the battery is an ancient square pin one I ordered a new one from Euro car parts at 1400 which has just been delivered, which was nice.

Came with these which we only £4

IMG_20181123_155500.jpg

With every barging set of mats come the realisation that I forgot to order battery post converters...

£3 something, have to go collect them so the old batterys on charge again. Other stupid thing is listing on the website says 1 but the picture shows 2 so do you get a 'set' or not?

I'm sure all this excitement and more will be revealed when I enter the mysterious world of Euro car parts!