The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Frosty this morning, I took the Mercedes to box hill to go for a walk.
First one in the carpark at 8.30- rammed when I got back at 12.30!post-8687-0-24641200-1542555151_thumb.jpeg

Denbies premier cru.
post-8687-0-77636700-1542555197_thumb.jpeg

Also, are any Londoners able to identify the city buildings please? Looking nnw from great bookham, so it would be Heathrow for all I know. Extreme zoom on the camera. It can’t be battersea power station can it?.post-8687-0-44309300-1542555425_thumb.jpeg

EDIT: rather disappointingly it seems to be Woking - the shanghai of surrey.

Panorama south from the viewpoint at boxhill.
post-8687-0-95114200-1542555546_thumb.jpeg

Edited by richardmorris

The value of my little Pug 106 shot up by about 15% in the space of a couple of minutes today when I washed it and filled it with diesel - it's the first time for months that I've not fed it any veg.

I thought the same when I put £100 of diesel in the 406 that after asm cashback cost me £71! Got just under half a tank left and 500 miles down though so not feeling as bad as I did 2 weeks ago tonight!

Probably a cockup on the part of the DVLA or Irish licencing authority.

As I understand it he has a valid UK car and bike license. Which he's been in court defending in the past, I think he has something ridiculous like 13 penalty points.

He also has a real or fake Irish license with HGV entitlement for whatever reason....perhaps he got it while racing bikes in Ireland.

He has sent that to DVLA in an attempt to transfer the Irish HGV entitlement to the UK license which is fine....but either the UK or Ireland is claiming the Irish license is a fake

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Because im a childish and old boy racer i decided to video my exhaust through the dover tunnels....

https://youtu.be/FhsoMzahDEo

Back in 2003 when I helped organise the 2cvgb national in isleworth we arranged evening convoys though London. I can confirm that multiple horns sounded in the embankment? underpasses will set off the fire alarms. On four consecutive nights!

Back in 2003 when I helped organise the 2cvgb national in isleworth we arranged evening convoys though London. I can confirm that multiple horns sounded in the embankment? underpasses will set off the fire alarms. On four consecutive nights!

Drat. Missed those! I can't really remember leaving the site much. It was Mrs DW's first 2CV camp, and the first time I let her drive my 2CV.

Drat. Missed those! I can't really remember leaving the site much. It was Mrs DW's first 2CV camp, and the first time I let her drive my 2CV.

It was a rugby club, very very flat, but decent (ish) showers and food and bar on site. Unfortunately it was the start of the demise of the club, as it was so much effort and hard work.

Spent much of the day taking Mrs Mally to Hospital. Realised at 3pm I hadn't had food or a drink yet.

First doctor said she's dehydrated, no great problem.

Second doctor after through examination and blood test was a little more ominous,

Admitted for further tests and scans.

I mention this every time, but wherever I go, the NHS and it's staff are great.