Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The new news 24 thread

• Please log in to reply
55262 replies to this topic

#55021 ONLINE   Amishtat

Amishtat

• Full Members
  • 488 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

That Marina is just foul.. I'd happily drive that about having first frisbeed the wheel trims. Arrived in Brum and looking forward to the show tomorrow
  • clayts450 likes this

#55022 OFFLINE   vulgalour

vulgalour

• Full Members
  • 15,048 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationMucking Fental

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:09 PM

No Expense Studios has no quality control.  It does, however, have a Cold War Motors sticker over the high level brake light, so that makes up for it.

• captain_70s likes this

#55023 ONLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 6,216 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:15 PM

Always share stuffs pls as they haven’t accepted new members for about 3 yrs now

Or because some people have never been on Facebook.
  • Jerzy Woking likes this

#55024 OFFLINE   stuboy

stuboy

• Full Members
  • 4,158 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Locationashford kent

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

Being im a childish over 40 from max power era esq, i decided to adorn the daddy wagon with a 90s throwback sticker..

Attached Images

• 20181108_154455.jpg

• blakey79, fordperv, tooSavvy and 1 other like this

Deafining folk in fozzie the Focus  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  

Driver of the daddy bus 'ford galaxy 

#55025 ONLINE   egg

egg

Just another content provider

• Full Members
  • 6,658 posts
  • 64 thanks
  • LocationDown the Bay, Kent

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

I saw a 1951 Chevy Bel Air in Herne Bay today. No pics, sadly :-(

• GrumpiusMaximus likes this

1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 base, 1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 GLX , 1995 Mazda 323c 1.5 auto.

#55026 ONLINE   Noel Tidybeard

Noel Tidybeard

Crinkley Bottom

• Full Members
  • 4,141 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • LocationSolihulldontchakno

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:52 PM

I would like to admire the mats and drive it please

this would be dangerous as the mats are

1. down at floor level
  2. hypnotic

:mrgreen:

• Hooli and Exiled_Tat_Gatherer like this

07 Civic spaceship- daily
93 Renner 19 RNi- sulking
89 Sunnay L premium- hiding

Only a complete wank-puffin has a personalised licence plate on a Ford Mondeo!

#55027 OFFLINE   adw1977

adw1977

• Full Members
  • 1,223 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:18 PM

That Marina has been with its current owner for 19 years. Brilliant find!
  • Datsuncog likes this

My spots and brochure scans: https://[email protected]/albums

#55028 OFFLINE   captain_70s

captain_70s

A Triumphant Moron

• Full Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationWeegietown

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:23 PM

Superb! Love the single central spot, but has he wobbed over the indicators after getting carried away on that front wing?

The indicators, the wheel arch trim, the bumper, the seam twixt the grille an wing, the side trim. There isn't much the fella' hasn't wobbed over...

I also like the way the trailing edge of the front wheelarch flares out about 3 inches.

• oldcars likes this

26707358839_1b301cd015_o.jpg

#55029 OFFLINE   Datsuncog

Datsuncog

• Full Members
  • 2,869 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • LocationNorn Iron

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:23 PM

That Marina is just foul.. I'd happily drive that about having first frisbeed the wheel trims.

Front trim is off an early Toyota Yaris, of all things.

Absolute bag of unmitigated shite. Super-shite, possibly.

Of course I'd rock it too, all day long...

• clayts450 likes this

#55030 OFFLINE   Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling

• Full Members
  • 7,286 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationWorcestershire or İstanbul, Türkiye

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:33 PM

No MATS, (not even spare MATS) can be sacrificed.-Lord Sterling, overseer of MATS, 2015

Yes.

Though as an over mat Lord, I am currently using 3 x passenger side floor rugs from a Rover Sterling as my bedside mats because they are soft and gentle on the underfoot. I have more Rover mats than actual cars. I've even recently bought a set for a Daewoo Lanos because they were in a charity shoppe for £3.
.31109980376_e6f01e6edd_o.jpg

▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░..AUTOSHITE; bringing misery and despair to the world of motoring..░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄

سبحان الله

AUTOSHITES CRUMBLING EXECUSHITE LEAGUE...
'03 BMW 316i SE - ...Daily; needs new expansion tank... :lol:
'97 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Needs; sills, radiator... :|
'95 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Needs; recommissioning... :(
'90 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Needs; head gasket... :sad:
'87 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Needs; reccomissioning... :neutral:
'87 Rover 820E auto - ...Garaged, needs recommissioning... :mrgreen:

#55031 ONLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 12,652 posts
  • 35 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

Refitted the dash to the Y10 this morning, after supergluing some cracked bits, and then started to get things together to do an oil change.  Except that I hadn't previously noticed that the sump plug isn't a normal bolt but a 14mm (?) recessed hex thingy, and I don't have any allen keys anywhere near that size, so that put a stop to that idea.  Then earlier this evening while clearing out some old bags of assorted crap I found a double-ended hex sump plug key, of which one of the ends appears to be the right size for the Lancia.  I must have bought the thing years ago and never used it (it was still in its packet).  So I can crack on with changing the oil tomorrow.  It almost seems a shame as it's decent quality fully synth oil which is in there at the moment and it's hardly done any miles, but it's completely wrong for the car.  I might try and reuse it in something more modern.

I got the air horn fitted to the LDV and mostly wired up - I just need to wait for the relay I ordered to arrive and then it should be a case of just plugging four wires onto the relay terminals and PAAAAARP.  That's one more job done - next on the list is to try and find out why the intermittent wipers aren't working.  It might just be a knackered relay, although if that were the case I'd expect the wipers to come on constant rather than not work at all.  I also need to get the "Truck" bit of my knock-off Delphi software working to see if that can talk to the van and find out why the EDC light is on.

I also started to have a go at dismantling the steering rack on the Audi to get the knackered boot off, although I ran out of light before I got very far.  I found that with the steering on full right lock I could actually get to the relevant nuts with a 17mm socket on the end of two extension bars.  Now I have to work out how I'm going to get the bolts out (in a typical belt and braces approach, the bolts are not just held in place by the nuts, they are also threaded all the way through the rack assembly).  I reckon with the steering on full lock the other way they should just about be accessible from underneath - only problem is I'll need the car up on the ramps to get under there, and I don't fancy winding full lock on with the front wheels perched on the ramps as I think that might be asking for trouble.  So some further investigation is required there.

• dome, Exiled_Tat_Gatherer, GrumpiusMaximus and 1 other like this

#55032 ONLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • 25 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:59 PM

The indicators, the wheel arch trim, the bumper, the seam twixt the grille an wing, the side trim. There isn't much the fella' hasn't wobbed over...

Maybe that entire section of wing has been made from wob.

F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

#55033 OFFLINE   ruffgeezer

ruffgeezer

• Full Members
  • 3,419 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationLincolnshire Cuntryside

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

I've not been in and on Autoshite in a proper respect for a while...

The Datsun and the T4 have left the fold, the missus' berlingo is soon to follow.

The Volvo is nearing completion and the ax is ready for it's winter layup, I have also sold another berlingo, and the c4 that came in against it and am left with one legal car of my own; a 2000 Freelander 1.8 pez...
  • Skizzer, skattrd, Asimo and 2 others like this

1973 Datsun 1200 Station Wagon
2002 V70 D5; mega. mega miles. Mega broken.
1995 AX VTS
2007 Berlingo (Mrs Ruff's)
***This space available for more Chod!***<p>autoshite2.jpg
Autoshite Dealership Stickers £1.75 including postage, Pm me for info!

#55034 ONLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 4,950 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:02 AM

I just remembered, for the old giffer so amongst us, Lidl had some quite nice sheepskin car seat covers in today amongst all the tools, etc. I did have a pair before but might get some more

Edited to add, that when I wrote today I meant yesterday as it's now tomorrow
  • Richard, Skizzer, mercrocker and 1 other like this

#55035 OFFLINE   drum

drum

• Full Members
  • 2,795 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationKirriemuir

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:54 AM

While the Hi'n'dri was running up more than its own worth in garage bills, I was croozing about in this courtesy* car.
20181107_081853.jpg

'Comfort' spec I suspect is not The Base as there are:
Front windows - electrified.
Wing mirrors - remotely operated and colour coded.

Not entirely unpleasant, although the rattling dash trim reached a tiresome resonance when bimbling at 1500rpm.

The diesel lump didn't like my high gear low revs driving style, preferring revvy hoonage.

Conclusion: dull.

I'll get my own fabia, one day.
  • Lord Sterling and davehedgehog31 like this
'68 land rover 109 3.3 perkins
'71 land rover tacr1 x2
'73 puch maxi 0.05
'79 Brown allegro 1.1
'93 Maestro 1.3
'01 omega 2.6
'81 Oldsmobile 5.7

#55036 ONLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 6,216 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:00 AM

Refitted the dash to the Y10 this morning, after supergluing some cracked bits, and then started to get things together to do an oil change. Except that I hadn't previously noticed that the sump plug isn't a normal bolt but a 14mm (?) recessed hex thingy, and I don't have any allen keys anywhere near that size, so that put a stop to that idea. Then earlier this evening while clearing out some old bags of assorted crap I found a double-ended hex sump plug key, of which one of the ends appears to be the right size for the Lancia. I must have bought the thing years ago and never used it (it was still in its packet). So I can crack on with changing the oil tomorrow. It almost seems a shame as it's decent quality fully synth oil which is in there at the moment and it's hardly done any miles, but it's completely wrong for the car. I might try and reuse it in something more modern.

I got the air horn fitted to the LDV and mostly wired up - I just need to wait for the relay I ordered to arrive and then it should be a case of just plugging four wires onto the relay terminals and PAAAAARP. That's one more job done - next on the list is to try and find out why the intermittent wipers aren't working. It might just be a knackered relay, although if that were the case I'd expect the wipers to come on constant rather than not work at all. I also need to get the "Truck" bit of my knock-off Delphi software working to see if that can talk to the van and find out why the EDC light is on.

I also started to have a go at dismantling the steering rack on the Audi to get the knackered boot off, although I ran out of light before I got very far. I found that with the steering on full right lock I could actually get to the relevant nuts with a 17mm socket on the end of two extension bars. Now I have to work out how I'm going to get the bolts out (in a typical belt and braces approach, the bolts are not just held in place by the nuts, they are also threaded all the way through the rack assembly). I reckon with the steering on full lock the other way they should just about be accessible from underneath - only problem is I'll need the car up on the ramps to get under there, and I don't fancy winding full lock on with the front wheels perched on the ramps as I think that might be asking for trouble. So some further investigation is required there.

Have you got fuses ?

I ask because a bloke I know lost a mk2 cavalier convertible in flames after adding an airhorn.

#55037 OFFLINE   loserone

loserone

Leaf blower

• Full Members
  • 2,681 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Locationbehind the tree

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

I'll get my own fabia, one day.

Not today!
  • drum likes this

405 with no head, Leaf, 206 GTI with a knackered axle, Legacy H6 Spec B.  Half a.. something. It's japanese and silver, but I don't remember it.
Moaty's cat's back, Zak.

#55038 OFFLINE   beko1987

beko1987

Reliable Renault

• Full Members
  • 14,804 posts
  • 53 thanks
  • LocationThame, Oxon

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:50 AM

Just been out to swap the flat tyre from yesterday onto the front so Amy can take it in... Got the rear tyre off, nothing stuck in it that I can see, and it's still got air in.

Went round to the front and fuck me it's worse than the back! There's Evergreen tyres on the front and their trying to be green by decomposing... The tread is cracked all around, and their a mm off the wear markets, and also a bit soft...

Fuck it, left the wheels alone, will get the Evergreens off and keep an eye on the back one. I didn't see it flat so I'm not sure how flat it was... Will take it to the petrol station over the weekend and do them properly.

If not it'll need 2 rear tyres on payday too!
2001 Gooner2 Ph1 1.9Dci Expression (His)
2008 orl Vauxhalls r Shit Zafira 1.8 SRI 140 (Hers)

#55039 OFFLINE   tul66

tul66

• Full Members
  • 310 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNext door to placenta burying hippy twats.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:44 AM

Y10 speedo is still playing up.  Couldn't find any issues with the wiring either at the sensor end or the clocks end (although it's such a tangle of bloody wires behind there that I would struggle to spot any issues that did exist), so I'm going to assume that the timing of it going haywire was coincidental and not linked to me fitting a new horn (the sensor is on the other side of the gearbox anyway).  So I've fixed* it by unplugging the wire from the sensor - I'll just use my phone as a speedo for now. 

Long term I should probably fix it, but I'm not sure whether it's the sensor or the clock causing the issue - is there any way of measuring the signal from a speed sensor?  Is it variable voltage or is it a pulsed signal?  Sensors are available but it's a twat to get to, at least without removing the brake master cylinder (which I'd really rather not do).  There is a replacement speedo on eBay but it's in Italy and thus in km/h (although one assumes the faces should be straightforward enough to swap over).

You could sell the Y10 to me! I think I've got a speedometer stashed away somewhere from an old Fila that was scrapped years ago.

#55040 ONLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 12,652 posts
  • 35 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

I won't be selling the Y10 for a while!  I love the wee bugger.  If you fancied selling the speedo, however...

• Skizzer likes this

#55041 ONLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 12,652 posts
  • 35 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:01 PM

Have you got fuses ?

I ask because a bloke I know lost a mk2 cavalier convertible in flames after adding an airhorn.

Yup, the relay I've bought has a 30A fuse built in.  Although most of the problems with air horns I've come across have been due to them not being wired up properly - people just plugging the original horn wires directly on to the compressor and expecting the wiring to cope with the vastly increased current draw.  I would imagine that even a non-fused relay and proper gauge wire should eliminate most of the potential issues.

#55042 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 2,128 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

A trip to A&E this morning shows I am now allergic to something in Scotch bonnet hot pepper sauce. Eaten things with scotch bonnets in loads of times, and I've had plenty of hot sauces before, just not this one.

I thought I was fucked as after having a mug of my home made soup which I pepped up with a dash of sauce I went dizzy, struggled to breathe and my tongue & cheeks had swollen up.

One Epi jab later and I am now home putting my feet up, boss has brought my car home for me, which is nice. Tongue & lips still feel weird, not burning but bruised. Mrs D needs to nurse me tonight I think.

To add insult to injury tomorrow's rugby match has been cancelled, would have been my first run out since 2009

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#55043 OFFLINE   beko1987

beko1987

Reliable Renault

• Full Members
  • 14,804 posts
  • 53 thanks
  • LocationThame, Oxon

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:58 PM

Zafira has new front tyres, and apparently its lovely to drive! That'll be the tracking not pulling to the left like fuck!

Watch her pick up a screw next week...
2001 Gooner2 Ph1 1.9Dci Expression (His)
2008 orl Vauxhalls r Shit Zafira 1.8 SRI 140 (Hers)

#55044 OFFLINE   GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus

Darth Gittius

• Full Members
  • 1,795 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • LocationCoruscant

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

Sorry you can't play for Old G's tomorrow mate, Dusty.

I mean that sincerely.  I'm sure you'll get a game soon.

#55045 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 2,128 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

Sorry you can't play for Old G's tomorrow mate, Dusty.

I mean that sincerely.  I'm sure you'll get a game soon.

Tomorrow's game was going to be for Chichester 3rd XV, but they've been kicked out the league they were in and now on a fixtures exchange. Playing for Old G's next week though....

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#55046 OFFLINE   GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus

Darth Gittius

• Full Members
  • 1,795 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • LocationCoruscant

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

Ouch.  That's not good!

It's alright.  You've got another week to practice your hand offs.

#55047 OFFLINE   vulgalour

vulgalour

• Full Members
  • 15,048 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationMucking Fental

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Well, those new Uniroyals are amazing.  Or the old Runways were absolute bollocks.  Probably both.  Ride quality has improved, which was somewhat surprising, there had been a slightly firmness before and now it feels more like a Princess should.  Stops extremely well, goes around corners nicely, probably much nicer than I realise since I'm still being cautious with that sort of thing.  They're quiet too, oh my goodness they're quiet!  I was a bit concerned that investing nigh on £250 for sprucing up the spare wheels, buying new tyres, and having them fitted might not offer that much of an improvement it was worth doing.  Happily my concerns were totally unfounded, it was an incredibly worthwhile investment.

• Richard, Saabnut, Lacquer Peel and 9 others like this

#55048 ONLINE   davehedgehog31

davehedgehog31

• Full Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationThe Town for Tomorrow

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

While the Hi'n'dri was running up more than its own worth in garage bills, I was croozing about in this courtesy* car.
attachicon.gif20181107_081853.jpg

'Comfort' spec I suspect is not The Base as there are:

"Classc" was the base spec, I know because that was the trim level of my dad's Fabia he bought new in 2000 and he's a miserable bastard.

• drum likes this

1994 Peugeot 405 GTXD - In hibernation

2002 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate - The Spruce Moose

2007 Citroen C1 - Mellow Yellow Poverty Spec

#55049 ONLINE   They_all_do_that_sir

They_all_do_that_sir

• Full Members
  • 2,746 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:25 PM

I just remembered, for the old giffer so amongst us, Lidl had some quite nice sheepskin car seat covers in today amongst all the tools, etc. I did have a pair before but might get some more

Edited to add, that when I wrote today I meant yesterday as it's now tomorrow

Are they any good?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

2003 W203 C200 Kompressor

2004 Skoda Roomster

1998 Kawasaki ZZR1100

19?? Honda CB200 Twin

1988 Honda NE50 Vision

#55050 ONLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 4,950 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

Are they any good?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Yes the face of them that you sit on and rest your back on are sheepskin, the bits you don't sit on are made from dead Sesame Street characters, I had them on both my Fiat Pandas and the Alto, they are cool in summer and warm in winter. I left them on the Bentley when I sold it as they covered up the shredded leather. The ones I saw this time are a dark grey rather than off white.
  • They_all_do_that_sir likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ZUT ALORS!, ianjobber87, Tadhg Tiogar