The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

_20181116_170354.JPG _20181116_171643.JPG

Amazingly it's 12months this week since I picked up the ex Bornite/AlsoMike 306 cab.

Celebrated today by fitting its freshly painted Roadster winter top, and mirror cases.

That's absolutely lovely. I've had the hots for that for ages, the addition of winter roof has given me a jealous.

205 STDT sale agreed. Need to go pick it up and either hide it away until I can weld it up or break it and make some instant cash.

I love 205's and always wanted an STDT but domestic management is not amused by my current vehicular richness and didn't respond well to news of another diesel 205.

Maybe the hiding away option is best, then only I can see it.

205 STDT sale agreed. Need to go pick it up and either hide it away until I can weld it up or break it and make some instant cash.

I love 205's and always wanted an STDT but domestic management is not amused by my current vehicular richness and didn't respond well to news of another diesel 205.

Maybe the hiding away option is best, then only I can see it.

Will it fit inside the Merc?

Less pleasing is the fact that I cannot find the Rover's key. I have one key, and one fob. Or rather, I do not have these things. It doesn't work very well without them. It's also blocking the Fox in.

Saw on FB that they may be in the hotel at the NEC, I'm there tomorrow, if you can track them down I'm happy to pick them up and meet you somewhere on Sunday..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Long distance phone call from an Uncle in Malaysia. He's regretting selling that Dino 246GTS years ago and is now thoroughly bored. Can I find him a scruffy Alfa Romeo Series 1 Spider, the boat-tailed one, in RHD?

Sure, like I can walk round the corner and choose from a selection*...

Mrs P has gone shopping with friends. One drove over here so Mrs P could drive everyone and the friend left her car here.

She complained that it was absolutely filthy (this is the friend talking about her car, not Mrs P talking about the friend) so I went and had a look. I have never seen such a dirty car in my life. I actually wanted it off the drive so I could wash the drive down. How people can let their vehicles get so bad is beyond me, and I am not particularly OCD about mine anyway.

Anyway, long story short, a 2010 Fiat 500 has been washed and waxed and is now looking ticketyboo. I have an ulterior motive of course, it would be ideal for Parkette and when the friend gets shot soon and I plan to make an offer on it. Having washed it I now know exactly what the bodywork is like (poor) so that gives me an idea of what I am dealing with price wise. It also had low oil, no screenwash, seriously mismatched tyre pressures (45 and 24 on the fronts, 32 and 19 on the rears) and it badly needs a service, poor thing. Fluids topped up from stock supplies and tyres properly set.

Next up is the series of awkward questions from Mrs P as to why I washed and waxed a friends car without asking so I had better go and do all her laundry or something

Actually that’s a very autoshite way to meet girls isn’t it?

“Hello, you don’t know me but I couldn’t help but notice you had non standard trims on your Clio. I believe the ones you have are actually from the Renault 19 Be Bop special edition available in March 1994 as part of a limited run of 800 cars. Anyway I couldn’t help but notice your tyres looked too low so I took the liberty of resetting your pressures for you. I also managed to open your bonnet from underneath, change the oil and filter and checked your coolant. Your brake fluid is a bit old and could do with a change, and one of your rear tyres is perishing a little bit ok for now. Honestly I am an interesting person, please go out with me”

It can’t be any worse than some of the online dating horrors!

9 days since my last cigarette. It's got to the point that I can't stand the smell of smoke now as my sense of smell is heightening. I'm using the vape less as well. Managing to keep myself occupied without the need for a 'smoke' or a snack. When I do snack between meals, it's been fruit, vegetables and the occasional tin of fish.

I'm not going to have any alcohol until the 25th December either, despite putting nearly half a stone on over my birthday, I want to be pushing a 6 and a half stone loss before the year is out.

Actually that’s a very autoshite way to meet girls isn’t it?

“Hello, you don’t know me but I couldn’t help but notice you had non standard trims on your Clio. I believe the ones you have are actually from the Renault 19 Be Bop special edition available in March 1994 as part of a limited run of 800 cars. Anyway I couldn’t help but notice your tyres looked too low so I took the liberty of resetting your pressures for you. I also managed to open your bonnet from underneath, change the oil and filter and checked your coolant. Your brake fluid is a bit old and could do with a change, and one of your rear tyres is perishing a little bit ok for now. Honestly I am an interesting person, please go out with me”

It can’t be any worse than some of the online dating horrors!

This needs a whole new thread entitled "Autoshite chat-up lines".....

PT Cruiser fixed after pissing out diesel from one of the leak-off tubes. 10 second fix, another 10 minutes mopping up all the diesel.

To reward me the rear view mirror fell off...again. Now a past master at resticking, done in another 10 minutes and also re-stuck the dashcam which had also dropped off the windscreen. Seems the windscreen is very averse to having anything useful stuck to it.

Today I have been mostly turd polishing!

Washed,mopped over with fine compound then waxed.

Looks quite decent for a Viva.

20181117_153855.jpg

How does it repay me?

The little bastard decided to develop a misfire.

Cunt.

Cos it's a Viva! I had a Viva estate in the early 80's, the most unreliable pile of shite I ever owned! One day when it failed to start (yet again), I lost my rag with it & kicked the driver's door in!