The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Sounds like you both have quitters flu - it does pass.

Vaping will dehydrate you a bit though so keep drinking lots of water.

The amount of water I'm still drinking is ridiculous, down from 12 pints a day to about 8. Plus teas & coffees. A lot less dehydrated than I was a few weeks ago.

Double-hooray, Mike has found what is potentially the culprit for the non-functioning fuel gauge!  He's currently attempting to fix it without removing the dashboard, because the problem is, predictably enough, behind the dashboard.  Stupid wires.

Triple-hooray!  The fuel gauge now works again.  It was just a wire/connector that needed reattaching as it had come adrift.

Now, having completely upset the shite balance by fixing the tyres, the reverse light, AND the fuel gauge, who wants to have a stab at what's going to fail dramatically to restore the equilibrium?

I have only ever previously seen one MG3 - on Burgh Island.

This morning, I saw two in Loughborough.

I followed one and another parked next to me.

There's a lot of them in Central Scotland. There's an MG dealer in Falkirk and Arnold Shark were also pedaling them for a while.

My neighbour is the only person I've ever met with an MG6, and a diesel to boot. He tows a big fuck-off box trailer full of old BSAs and camping gear to Coventry/Liverpool/the IOM TT regularly and seems to enjoy himself. Also fucks off to Spain in it on a regular basis. He's also had some brilliant shite - the first car he ever bought brand new was a Yugo 45!

Now, having completely upset the shite balance by fixing the tyres, the reverse light, AND the fuel gauge, who wants to have a stab at what's going to fail dramatically to restore the equilibrium?

Suspension?

Mine went flat a few times.

You can definitely drive from Buxton to Littleborough with one side empty and a Caravan on the back.

Saw a morbidly lowered 2CV with a roof-rack in Hereford this morning. Has the slam and pineapple dub-disease spread to Citroens now?

Apart from almost zero spring travel, must make the steering a bit heavy!

Ah, that'll be Max. It is properly channeled with altered kingpin angles, so at least it has been done properly.

parking at work is a battle of foreign hgv's blocking the road, next door unit sticking notices on our cars stating were parking in his area etc, and we not supposed to park inside the yard if possible, well i reveresed up and rip the mud flaps off nearside, but not gives me excuse to fit side skirts ive been putting off for 6 months

post-4824-0-07851700-1542318944_thumb.png

BEHOLD!  The wonder that is a full compliment of working things.

post-5335-0-33945800-1542376288_thumb.jpg

As an extra bonus, there's considerably more fuel in the tank than I had guessed there was and considering how little there is in the Rover right now, Princess is back on primary duties.  Very greasy, damp weather today and I'm definitely feeling the benefit of those new tyres.  Smiles all round today.