Got a few more bits done over the last couple of days, although as always not as much as I'd've liked. The Rover 75 now has a properly* fitted sat nav after I attacked the extraneous mounting lugs with a hacksaw and file. The remaining two lugs were slightly larger than the Rover originals but I was able to persuade the unit into the dash with a little help from a large screwdriver. It looks pretty good actually. I also properly fitted the BMW nav unit into the boot mounting bracket - it'd just been sat on the boot floor hitherto. I've been driving around with the nav on and from the roads it shows and the speed cameras it knows about I reckon the maps I have are from about 2012 - so a lot more recent than anything Rover would have produced.
The Rover 45 is as done as I can get it - the CV boot is fitted and I also cable tied the front flexis which were fouling the wheels at certain angles, and tidied up a couple of brake pipes which looked dodgy but turned out not to be too bad. It's in for a test first thing Friday so we shall see what we shall see.
The Audi is going in to the tyre place tomorrow morning to have a pair of part worn tyres fitted on the back - they're a shite make but they were cheap and it's not a car one drives enthusiastically anyway. I still need to get the wishbone bushes done on the nearside - I got the wishbone off today, which was another of those 30-minute jobs that ended up taking two hours, this time because the poxy ball joint pin wouldn't come out of the hub - it wasn't completely seized as it would move in and out by about 2mm, but it wouldn't move any further no matter how hard I twatted it with a lump hammer or levered it with a crowbar. So I ended up removing the ball joint from the wishbone, which was an arse of a job itself as the nuts on the three bolts which hold it all together were fairly well seized, and the bolts didn't have any kind of hex head or anything helpful like that, they were perfectly circular, which meant I had to try and grip them with mole grips - which would have been easy if there weren't so many bloody suspension bits in the way. Got there in the end though. I was going to try and be clever and use the old offside wishbone turned upside down to hold everything together temporarily, but then I remembered that that wouldn't work as the ball joint won't come off on that one as the bolts have been welded in place. So the nearside wishbone is going to have to go back on temporarily - although I've bought some new nuts and bolts so it should be easier to remove again afterwards.
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon trying to find the problem with the LDV's blower motor. It wasn't until I'd had the dashboard to bits and chased various wires with the multimeter that I found the cause of the problem - the blower motor is missing. So I'm going to order one on eBay and hope that the rest of the wiring is in order - if not I'll just wire up a separate switch to an ignition live and have done with it. Tomorrow I'm going to attack the rear door catch and see if I can do anything with that. Sometimes I wish I were normal and could just spend my week off pottering about enjoying the sunshine...