Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The new news 24 thread

• Please log in to reply
51463 replies to this topic

#51451 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 8,026 posts
  • 77 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted Today, 04:08 PM

And the red Land Rover has played up again, the grey one is in having PAS fitted so I'm using the red one. Fortunately, although it's up for sale, I haven't cleaned it out yet so there were still tools in it. Yet again it's the ignition system, back to a misfire. Checked the points which have probably done just over 100 miles and they were pitted badly. I gave them a clean and it was ok for about ten miles before doing it again. That time I swapped them and the condenser for new ones (which were in a box under the seat). This is not the first time this has happened, which is why I carry spares and put the tools back in it, I'm not sure where the spare coil has got to because that should have been there as well.

Conclusion is that new ignition parts are shit.

Get one of these:
https://www.moss-eur...y-gsc111hq.html

Or whoever is your local supplier of Distributor Doctor parts.

Why? Well the problem with a lot of the condensers out there...

More detail here: http://nonlintec.com...te/cap_failure/
Oldies: 1972 Austin 1100 2dr - Project Rust bucket, 1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
Moderns: 2008 Audi TT - Utterly boring but very compentent, 2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying.

#51452 ONLINE   320touring

320touring

• Full Members
  • 9,582 posts
  • 32 thanks

Posted Today, 04:22 PM

Cheers, it's bloody annoying to have had to say no. But I'd have ended up in a studio flat paying a load more than my house costs currently with nowhere for my bikes etc & that'd just piss me off.

Bugger:( still, Kudos for being the best candidate!!!!!
  • Hooli likes this
Read about my chod based adventures here:
http://fuguttycars.wordpress.com/

#51453 ONLINE   catsinthewelder

catsinthewelder

• Full Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • LocationLudlow

Posted Today, 04:36 PM

Getting a lot of cold callers at the door lately, the proverbial duster salesman, moneyexpert (who try and get you to change energy supplier on your doorstep - nothing to do with Martin Lewis's set-up) and of course the good old Jehova's witness (although they seem to target Mrs Egg more!).

Probably should go in the other questions fred, but does anyone use a 'piss off' sticker on their door and does it work?

I've been the man in a cheap suit trying to get people to change to Eastern Energy and I would ignore any sticker I could possibly claim not to have spotted.

Just the JW's being bothersome here. They keep comeing back however extreme my claimed views against religion are. "Can I just leave you a magazine then?" "No, I've got plenty of bog roll" etc
  • chodweaver, egg, puddlethumper and 1 other like this
94 Peugeot 405 Estate
93 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

#51454 OFFLINE   They_all_do_that_sir

They_all_do_that_sir

• Full Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationBelfast

Posted Today, 05:07 PM

Got virgin fibre super dooper broadband in today. Means I can watch dollywobbler videos without buffering while the kids stream shite on the TV and Mrs looks at her Internet nonsense. Great.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
  • dollywobbler, egg and clayts450 like this

#51455 OFFLINE   wrenchvolt

wrenchvolt

• Full Members
  • 117 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted Today, 05:08 PM

Getting a lot of cold callers at the door lately, the proverbial duster salesman, moneyexpert (who try and get you to change energy supplier on your doorstep - nothing to do with Martin Lewis's set-up) and of course the good old Jehova's witness (although they seem to target Mrs Egg more!).  

Probably should go in the other questions fred, but does anyone use a 'piss off' sticker on their door and does it work?

I don't answer my door if I'm not expecting anyone. Anyone who knows me has my mobile, therefore, I reason that anyone calling at the door is trying to rip me off, is the local murderer/rapist/thief or somone recruiting for a cult. Local weirdos seem to have got the message and don't bother any more.

• RobT and egg like this

#51456 ONLINE   egg

egg

Just another content provider

• Full Members
  • 5,393 posts
  • 46 thanks
  • LocationDown the Bay, Kent

Posted Today, 05:14 PM

I think Herne Bay gets a lot because it is gifferville and therefore they're looking for easy targets.

1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 base, 1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 GLX , 1995 Mazda 323c 1.5 auto.

#51457 OFFLINE   wrenchvolt

wrenchvolt

• Full Members
  • 117 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted Today, 05:20 PM

Saw a Motorhead Doc some time back. Lemmy answered the door wearing an ice hockey mask with the word "RAPIST" daubed on the front. Give it a go, I doubt they will accept any invites in for tea?

• danthecapriman, RobT, meshking and 1 other like this

#51458 ONLINE   angle

angle

• Full Members
  • 323 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted Today, 05:23 PM

A couple of years ago I had a Jehovah's Witness come up to me and open his spiel with 'Excuse me sir, I can see you're busy, but I was wondering - can you honestly say that you believe in the progress of science and technology over the beneficence of an almighty God?'

I'd spent the previous 40 minutes leaning over my Xantia trying to smash stripped air box screws up with a hacksaw blade, a flathead screwdriver and a hammer. Closest I've ever been to joining a cult.
  • dollywobbler, catsinthewelder, RobT and 6 others like this

#51459 OFFLINE   wrenchvolt

wrenchvolt

• Full Members
  • 117 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted Today, 05:26 PM

That's too funny man.

#51460 OFFLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 4,643 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted Today, 05:50 PM

I miss my German Shepherd,I never had cold callers wanting to hang around. The bloke who trained us taught her a useful trick. She would sit calmly by me, but all I had to do was tweak her collar and she would jump up and down snarling and barking. You don't get the same reaction with a Spaniel
  • wrenchvolt likes this

#51461 OFFLINE   chodweaver

chodweaver

• Full Members
  • 1,592 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationCongleton

Posted Today, 06:14 PM

I wuz dead proud of ChodDog the Larger a week ago - he joined me at the front gate while I signed for a DPD parcel, quietly standing by my side - until DPD Boy idly touched the gate - when Larger went into full bark and snarl mode. The courier jumped out of his skin.
  • Supernaut, Hooli and wrenchvolt like this

Vomit colour Corsa 1.4 Comfort badermatic (the one constant, reliable thing in my life /Quentin)

XM 2.1 SEDTurbo (leaky driveway ornament)

Chrysler Graf Spee Limited 3.3 + LPG (suspected OMGHG, ABS, AC and driver's seat heater failures)

LT Multicruiser (guest bedroom and backup kitchen)

Mk1 MR2 (rumours of its health are lies)

(I'm sure I've forgotten at least one...)

#51462 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 10,695 posts
  • 120 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted Today, 06:33 PM

Conclusion is that new ignition parts are shit.

This seems true & rather annoys me as I've no intention of fitting electronic ignition on my Bonnie, it had three boyer bransons breakdowns in 6k as they died quicker the service time on points. I'd rather have a bike that works perfectly well than slightly, unnoticeably better timing till it breaksdown.

Just the JW's being bothersome here. They keep comeing back however extreme my claimed views against religion are. "Can I just leave you a magazine then?" "No, I've got plenty of bog roll" etc

Try harder!

I once answered the door to JWs in full bike leathers at a mate's house, oh & I was holding a carving knife & kept testing the edge too. I let them get started & interrupted with 'We're scarificing a goat, would you like to join the ritual?' the lack of an answer meant I added 'It was one of Mr Crowley's favourites'. Oddly they tried to leave so I followed them down the road asking if they knew where to get cheap goats....

They never came back to that entire road :D it's a game of bullshit bingo, if you win they are bad loosers.

• catsinthewelder, Sigmund Fraud, chodweaver and 2 others like this

#51463 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 4,695 posts
  • 61 thanks

Posted Today, 06:46 PM

#51464 ONLINE   egg

egg

Just another content provider

• Full Members
  • 5,393 posts
  • 46 thanks
  • LocationDown the Bay, Kent

Posted Today, 08:52 PM

I wonder what happened to the Milk Float from the living daylights - Tax ran out June 2005....

DSC01098.JPG

• blakey79 likes this

1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 base, 1993 Ford Mondeo 1.6 GLX , 1995 Mazda 323c 1.5 auto.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Brodders, AlabamaShrimp, Tickman, twosmoke300, bub2006, Saabnut