The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

In 1999, in a moment of complete stupidity, I purchased a Daewoo Matiz. I've just been offered it back for £100. I am so very tempted, though space is at something of a premium at the moment.

As a previous owner of a Matiz I don’t see any other reasonable course of action other than to have it back. I thought mine was a hoot!

Knowing the lady part like I do he's probably attempting a willy waving manoeuvre.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

You could point out if he weren't such a wanker he'd be able to see quite clearly with a 'normal' set......

That being said, I've used a projector as sole viewing for the last 15+yrs. Does prove popular for kids movies and the odd sport event.....

Development - Collection capers will ensue around 6pm on Friday evening, a new addition is afoot. This caper shall be documented and preserved for future generations in a separate thread.

First class was had on the train for £8 more and I got a hotel nearby using some airmiles I've had for ages! It should be a very civilized occasion.

This car will be both a chod and my daily transport, I will be maintaining two chod, hoping that one is always in drivable condition. 

Where is this Ian?

Any risk to DW Towers?

A few miles down the road. Don't believe we're in danger at the moment, but naturally keeping an eye on it. Wind is quite breezy today, but thankfully blowing away from here. Mostly just open farmland/forestry, so no real harm being done. Not like Saddleworth Moor...

Deciding to put another MOT on my mk1 Clio at the end of the month. Bought primarily for use as a mobile skip but have grown to become very fond of the little thing. When I walk up to it I know it is going to start and it won't fook me out of my hard earned cash at the forecourt. Everyone else sees it as a dirty old banger but it treats me right. Time I stopped lavishing time and money on the Mazda and give the Clio some of what it has earned.

3 possessions I have that provide me service and give me no grief. My Cassio F-91W, My Hi-tec Silver Shadow's and my trusty Renault Clio.

The Stalybridge fire is having an interesting effect in the centre of Manchester - there's the faint whiff of bonfire everywhere and a haze that makes everything a little blurry.

I imagine those who are wistful for the days of the Empire and our Glorious Past are jizzing themselves silly right now as Manchester once again looks like the epicenter of smoke-belching industry.

Once **** is completed the shipyards of Manchester will be rebuilt on the ashes of tech based industry. Ironclads will flow down the ship canal, powered by the finest Welsh steam coal, first to retake London then protect our fishing rights and shores.

In time the glorious blackness of industry will once again be witnessed on the walls of every building as we shrug off the shackles of restriction and regain our glorious position as leaders of the Free* World.

* Free in this instance means under British control obviously, but still free.

Disclaimer other views are available, your mileage may vary. This post is a joke, I'm not suggesting civil war.

Deciding to put another MOT on my mk1 Clio at the end of the month. Bought primarily for use as a mobile skip but have grown to become very fond of the little thing. When I walk up to it I know it is going to start and it won't fook me out of my hard earned cash at the forecourt. Everyone else sees it as a dirty old banger but it treats me right. Time I stopped lavishing time and money on the Mazda and give the Clio some of what it has earned.

3 possessions I have that provide me service and give me no grief. My Cassio F-91W, My Hi-tec Silver Shadow's and my trusty Renault Clio.

That Clio needs to be preserved.  It is too marvellous a thing to ever get rid of.  It's the ne plus ultra of French chod.

Plans are afoot. It is apparently losing coolant for reasons unknown. But easily guessed...

Common prob on those is the inlet manifold gasket leaking on the o/s where it meets the head. Usually the end of the plastic manifold where the coolant flows has broken up so its a new manifold job.

Luckily the good folks at Blueprint make a repair plate for not much money

attachicon.gif20180627_160926.jpg

New coolant temp sensor for the A6. Tried getting a price from the stealers but you have more chance of contacting the dead - must be all the warranty work. Part is a febi item so should be ok. I will attempt to fit it shortly.

I did the coolant temp sensor on an A4 1.8T I had a couple of years back. Piece of piss. It's right on top of the engine at the back.

No idea where it is on the other engines though!

Seems to be OK, the smoke has all gone off towards the city. Cars a bit dusty mind, I'll have to wash it before it goes into the body shop on Monday.

Is it under control yet Ghosty or is the Rover in danger?

Guest Hooli

The first section of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route is now open today.

Do I be a sad bastard and go for a drive along it later this evening? Hmm.

Is that posh for 'ring road'?

Frustrating afternoon in sizzling heat in an attempt to sort out the seized o/s/r brake on the V6.

Bottom guide pin bolt is rounder than the moon and, naturally, welded on, but it's definitely that guide pin which is siezed up.

After trying all sorts of different tools I gave in and put it all back together again. Due to the tiny amount of space it's spanner room only down there to twist this bolt off, so have invested wisely* in some of these from Amazon which should be with me tomorrow:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N8PEJIF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're not socket sized, thankfully, just slightly bigger than the bolt they go over, and then you can spanner off (hopefully). Soaked in PlusGas again, and will try again on Friday.

Had hoped to take this car down to the BL Day at Gaydon on Sunday, but looking quite remote now that this will happen. Looks like the Streetwise will come to the rescue yet again.