The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

^^^ need to get your Union Flag the right way up. Thick white bit goes on top, assuming standard convention if pole on left of view.

Upside down means you are in distress, hopefully the new Marina isn't that bad.

Mention of the union flag makes me think of a certain billy bragg song.

Take down the Union Jack, it clashes with the sunset

And put it in the attic with the emperors old clothes

When did it fall apart? Sometime in the 80s

When the Great and the Good gave way to the greedy and the mean

Britain isn’t cool you know, its really not that great

It's not a proper country, it doesn’t even have a patron saint

It's just an economic union that’s passed its sell-by date

And ask our Scottish neighbours if independence looks any good

‘Cos they just might understand how to take an abstract notion

Of personal identity and turn it into nationhood

Is this the 19th century that I’m watching on tv?

The dear old Queen of England handing out those MBEs

Member of the British Empire - that doesn’t sound too good to me

Gilbert and George are taking the piss aren’t they?

Gilbert and George are taking the piss

What could be more British than here’s a picture of my bum?

Gilbert and George are taking the piss

And pile all those history books, but don’t throw them away

They just might have some clues about what it really means

To be an Anglo hyphen Saxon in England.co.uk

Well the MGB passed its last 'official' test today. The school 'work experience' spogs had a field day, doubt any had seen anything like it. One enjoyed trying to work out which switch did what but explaining about the overdrive switch was way beyond all of them.

Did give me the chance to discuss new MoT standards and diesel emissions with tester (next 2 MoTs are this). Apparently the emission limit your vehicle is now tested to is on a self adhesive label under the bonnet, unless it's accidently been removed or 'damaged' so the tester cannot read it. Then they have to test to the old limits.

Must check I haven't accidently* left something on it and damaged it. Oh, and take my log book for the motorhome as apparently the good old UK classifications (ie Class 4) have been changed to some European shite.

Decided to treat Mrs Wobbler with a run out in a proper car. She's much happier now. To her, 2CV utterly trumps Impreza. I must admit, the 2CV's ride comfort and gearchange are eleventy times better, and it also proves that hooning at 50mph is more fun than bimbling along at 60. 

DgpX-clX4AA55hx.jpg

Then we went for a closer look at fire. It's a bit scary to be honest. But pretty.

DgpVmgdX0AAEjDf.jpg

The whole village stinks of smoke, and the fire is a good few miles away (thankfully). 

Went for another look at my neighbour's Nova SR tonight and agreed to try and get it running again.

She has had it from new and it is totally standard save for a towbar.

Why have I only mojo for other peoples stuff?

Offer her £300 And flog it on eBay for £4k

no?

Went for another look at my neighbour's Nova SR tonight and agreed to try and get it running again.

She has had it from new and it is totally standard save for a towbar.

Why have I only mojo for other peoples stuff?

Hi, does your neighbour need a kidney or any bollocks or lungs or anything? 

Guest Hooli

I don't have a telly at all, instead I just tell people I don't have a telly wherever possible and that's entertainment enough for me.

It is funny seeing their poor confused faces when they ask 'but what do you do all evening?' Seems comments like listen to the radio & read books just confuses them further. I'd fear for the human race if I didn't already know it was doomed by stupidity in recent generations.

I don't have a telly at all, instead I just tell people I don't have a telly wherever possible and that's entertainment enough for me.

I have a couple spare due to kids coming back from university and then moving in with partners who have "better" stuf Plus my landlord of my midweek digs put a 42 inch in my room. I haven't turned it on because I can't be arsed to buy batteries for the remote.

It is funny seeing their poor confused faces when they ask 'but what do you do all evening?' Seems comments like listen to the radio & read books spending all night on Autoshite just confuses them further. I'd fear for the human race if I didn't already know it was doomed by stupidity in recent generations.

FTFY

The plates will definitely be going, I hate them! Probably get a set of raised digit ones from Tippers.

7c9aeffa8daa6fbfa37e9bfb7a8c1aca.jpg

15b6f3a700677f916462c2abb9194f5e.jpg

Found a set of 70s shades inside too!

d9099bdc7b3bcc72b7c1bd5167cf70b9.jpg

Ooh, that Marina really does look very nice. Very 70s with the vibrantly coloured blue vinyl interior, which desperately needs to make a comeback.

However those sunglasses are top draw, and they even match the car. Well bought again; both look to be excellent purchases.

A few more photos (I should probably start a thread really). I got the boot cleared out of crap and the floor is mint.

dbbc23706bdfe7d65e926e33bc69bf3e.jpg

In fact the hole cars mint, there's not even any scabs on the wheel arches, or any dirt!

I sat in the back, there's no head room at all! This is me just sitting normally! People must have been shorter in the 70s

770e671e99d892da49e53dbca2053f91.jpg

But at least you got to look at this view.

ff7393ed636d82bb3a0fc3aaae8cb8ee.jpg

I checked the front carpet out and annoying its been sun damaged, I'm guessing I'm better of dying this than spraying it?. Either way is new to me.

f332f0d5164c637475372f03201ad97b.jpg

And I found some genuine 1970s fag ends in the rear door card.

df1dfede53f1cb78dc2512961ba0147c.jpg

It is funny seeing their poor confused faces when they ask 'but what do you do all evening?' Seems comments like listen to the radio & read books just confuses them further. I'd fear for the human race if I didn't already know it was doomed by stupidity in recent generations.

My standard response to that question is "masturbate".  It kills the conversation stone dead, but then those types of conversations are generally better off dead anyway.

Its arrived!

That is FIT.

I also don't have a telly. Well, I have a borrowed one from a mate who gave it to me when I started dating so I looked like a normal human being. Turns out girlfriend doesn't miss the telly when she is visiting so it is sat at the foot of my bed gathering dust as my mate doesn't have room for it...

What does all your furniture point at then?

The fire place perhaps. Unless you live in a flat. or like to take out perfectly good Victorian features so that you can put the sofa where the chimney Brest was and get a better view of the garden.

Peugeot 106 FTPed on the A1M just before the A1M/M1 split this morning. A quick prime of the diesel lines and cracked open a couple of injectors to try to see in there was any diesel coming through and it fired up on two cylinders! So having tightened the injectors back up it atartes on all 4 & got me into work, but I think the fuel filter will be getting changed tonight.

Guest Hooli

FTFY

Guilty as charged but I do have the radio on as I post.

My standard response to that question is "masturbate".  It kills the conversation stone dead, but then those types of conversations are generally better off dead anyway.

I thought you sounded familiar

What does all your furniture point at then?

My radiogram.