The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

The tyre place looked at it and said that the powdercoaters fucked the sidewall/bead up and I'll have to buy a new tyre.

FFS.

Ah, that sucks balls, man.

Sadly, I doubt the powder coaters will be in a hurry to pay out for replacement either and life is too short to spend a fortnight going back n forth playing the blame game.

Been using the BGD again today, even did some work on it! Well, I say 'work' what I mean is: took spash shields out of the wheelarches (what a faff - degree in engineering required) so I could spray waxoyl all inside the front wings. To be honest, they didn't need doing but it's been on my mind... which is fatal.

Then prised rubber seals out of the way and sprayed - you know what- under them as well. Also attacked the blister in the drivers door (just under the window seal where the painter scratched it putting trims on) with a blade then fine sandpaper and etch primed it. Was already to touch in the top coat when I discovered etch primer needs 24 hours to dry. Bugger...

I am back in love (touch wood... just did) as it is fabulous to drive and currently (touch wood even more, whistle and stroke the dog... or something) all is performing as it should, even the rev counter (tachometer) is behaving precisely. But, it does get a LOT of attention! People look at it all the time, some are amused with a slobbery dogs head hanging out of the back window (both sides) but some just glare like I'm rich or posh or a twat (so partly right) and I'm not that keen on the attention to be honest. It is also a car with a reputation for serene progress, so when I behave like a hooligan (I can't resist sometimes... I'm only nearly human) and out accelerate an Audi from the traffic lights without really flexing my big toe overly hard I tend to get glared at even more. Worse, I feel a twat for showing off. There is just no answer for my endless 1st world problems :)

Apologies if I've missed anything, been away in Germany and I'm just catching up. 

Bini should go next week, the £10 instrument pack worked and the high level brake lamp has been replaced, as has the windscreen. So, looking for a cheap runner that would be suitable for youngest to learn in, i found this in MOT History;

post-19581-0-55592200-1521223075_thumb.jpg

Whilst it appears funny, on the face of it, I think I'd be a bit narked if I was on the receiving end. After all, the MOT is an important part of a cars history, or am I being too sensitive after a long week?

Apologies if I've missed anything, been away in Germany and I'm just catching up.

Bini should go next week, the £10 instrument pack worked and the high level brake lamp has been replaced, as has the windscreen. So, looking for a cheap runner that would be suitable for youngest to learn in, i found this in MOT History;

ADV_Notgood.JPG

Whilst it appears funny, on the face of it, I think I'd be a bit narked if I was on the receiving end. After all, the MOT is an important part of a cars history, or am I being too sensitive after a long week?

I remember one of the resident MOT testers here saying that the DVSA take a very dim view of things like that. I guess if you're particularly annoyed you probably could contact them to review and revise it.

Even better, maybe pop the reg on the Matters of Testing blog. I bet that would get a few MOT testers on there feathers fluffing.

Of course the only thing would be is that reporting it could make the tester loose his job and tester licence. If he's not already... To be honest if a tester is prepared to do that, I'd question his/her professionalty and confidence in their ability to do their job properly.

I picked this Billy wagon up earlier, Great Uncle Norm has hung up his driving gloves.. its got the quietest X12XE ive ever heard in it, my old one sounded like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin even after a new chain. Not sure of plans for it yet, i might run it for work or flog it on. Fitting number plate too ????

post-177-0-00805100-1521225867_thumb.jpg

I've just spontaneously bought a car that I don't need or have any use for, what the fuck has happened to me??!!

36de65e581782982e36df29e835c5a52.jpg

eef4c5c575c9b9106d6b1a92267e2964.jpg

I know the square root of sod all about them and I haven't even looked at the car properly other than passing glances in the works car park!

I bet you're going to love it. Wheels are a bit old for it IMO but it's a great colour for it.

I've just had a wobble as I think I've offered too much for it, I thought these made strong money still but as this is a £305 a year to tax 1.8 they seem cheap still looking on ebay, it has 3 days MOT left and needs a bloody good clean and done 99k. I've offered £500 + £250 when I sell it as I thought it be worth about £1400 but I think I've over valued it a bit.

It belongs to a girl at work who bought a Audi TT.

I've been looking at those mx-5's a bit prices are all over the place. It's got to be worth 1500 groats with a years mot.

All the buyer guides go like this:

Q: Any engine problems?

A: check for rust

Q: 5sp or 6 speed?

A: Doesn't matter check for rust

Q: What's the best interior trim

A: Check for rust.

etc

etc

They seem to be even better at rusting than the mk1's. 

Well done Trigger, that looks a bargain at 500 sheets as long as it’s not rotten underneath.

Dubber Golf fanboys will pay decent money for those ATS Cups, too, if you were to source some more sensible Mazda wheels cheaply.

Edit: And no midlife crisis comments from me. Oh no. Definitely didn’t think that.