Mini Cooper 2001 £500

Mike D

Anyone interested in this?

2001 MINI Cooper 1.6 petrol. 130k miles, very tidy on the bodywork, MOT is out on Jan 8th 2018. We've had it 4 years but she bought a Fiesta Zetec S on Friday so it's time for it to go.

It seems to run ok, but can be a bit boggy when cold. ABS and brake light comes on the dash randomly. It'll want a pair of tyres for its test. Clutch doesn't slip but the pedal feels a bit high. It had brake pipes etc for its test last year. Half leather interior. It has aircon but it doesn't work, and the rear wiper has given up too. Be a nice first motor with a bit of fettling.

Location is Scartho, Lincs DN33, I can pick you up after 5pm from the train station no problems. Grimsby Town GMB if you want it.

Tea and biscuits provided as always

£500ish

post-177-0-99848300-1514305365_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

Mike :)

I've got a set of excellent correct size bridgestone winter tyres you can have for an extra 70 quid - theyre on 1 series rims so will need changing over though.

My daughter is just starting to learn to drive, this would be ace to put away for her for a bit.

However I suspect petrol would be no longer available by the time she's saved for insurance, being 17.

Edit: Got some quotes, not much under £5000 TPF&T with me as a named but not main driver. Jog on.

My daughter is just starting to learn to drive, this would be ace to put away for her for a bit.

However I suspect petrol would be no longer available by the time she's saved for insurance, being 17.

Edit: Got some quotes, not much under £5000 TPF&T with me as a named but not main driver. Jog on.

My wife had a 51 reg Cooper which our daughter learnt to drive in, in quite a cost effective manner when she was learning. It cost an extra 2000 quid to add her as a named driver when she passed.

We've just given it to her aged 21, and her own insurance has cost £950 fully comp with 2 named 50 year olds on the policy.

Are these that cheap now?

Yes, seen quite a few around this sort of price recently. A mate in the trade made the comment that they were cheap to buy but can be expensive to fix in terms of both parts (thanks to BMW associations) and labour as they aren't the nicest or easiest cars to work on with some jobs taking way longer than they should.

That said, a 'monkey' is no money these days for a trendy car like this, personally, I hate them but most love them so you won't have much problem moving it on.

If you need a hand with the Saab, give us a shout as I live near Brum.

That's a kind offer.  Its in the middle of a having a replacement engine fitted.  It seems there is a big problem with the engine in 9-3's and 9-5's to do with engine sludging and ultimately broken engines with poor oil pressure.  I'm wise® to it now but wasn't on purchasing it.  Its getting fitted down in the Midlands as I found an engine down there and a guy to fit it.   It was easier to get it repaired down there than bring it all the way up here only to find nobody willing to fit it and struggle to find an engine within a 50 mile radius.  The replacement engine is just having some new seals fitted then going in.  Luckily I wasn't really desperate for a car as its the season to be jolly etc.