Can Basil Fawlty parlio italiano?

AnthonyG

Apologies for the crap Italian in the Title!But anyone who has a soft spot for the dear old BMC 1100, as I do, may find this of interest - an actual surviving example of a Innocenti 1100 - go to www.austin-rover.co.uk and click on 'Car of the Month' on the list on the left.What do you think - I like it - but the extra chrome trimmings would just make it rust even faster (if that were possible) in the wet old UK.

It reminds me of those Mini's that people used to stick stacklight Merc lights and grilles on.. cant find any pics of the net.. anyone have any??But the Italian 1100 has a certain style which I quite like..

It reminds me of those Mini's that people used to stick stacklight Merc lights and grilles on.. cant find any pics of the net.. anyone have any??

There's one on this page at austin-rover.co.uk. Headlamps only, but I do remember occasionally seeing them sporting the full treatment years ago.Whilst looking for a picture, I discovered that Radford were fitting Facel Vega headlamps. You learn something new every day!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m especially impressed by the huge pair of corduroy trousers pressed against the window glass:

LOL!It's actually a carpet hung on the wall.The lady who owns the garage used it to stop her scraping the door on the wall when she opened it.