Wobstang II

Joloke

When mine came over it went into a container with a 74 Ford Country Squire. Only reason I knew was because I saw it behind mine as they were loading the container and they photographed the cars for condition checking.

Great to see it's made its start coming over. That ship does indeed look pretty shite!

A friend from South Africa was working in this country for 4 years and bought a 1970 Midget to zap around in. After getting a bit attached to it he decided to take it home .Before he left he had  the body restored and resprayed at  large cost but it did look stunning . A year later he came back to visit and i asked did the car get back ok .    No , it was smashed to pieces :-(  :-(    Seemed it wasn't tied down in the container, the ship hit a storm and rocked a bit around the Horn

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest the following? You could do (3) first

1. Get an email from the vendor to confirm the error in the amount on the BoS sent to the Shipper

2. Send a copy of that email and your BoS to your Shipper and ask them to use the correct BoS and its correct $3000 value instead. You have proof of the amount paid in your possession and a genuine mistake has been made, so they can't refuse. They would be obliged to avoid using an erroneous document for official purposes.

3. If the Shipper isn't playing ball, call the relevant Helpline for HM Customs and Excise and ask their advice on what to do in this situation, then follow it and make sure your shipper follows it too

Hope that helps! You might find this useful too:

https://www.tradeclassics.com/how-do-i-import-a-classic-car-into-the-uk/

Chill! It’ll be ok, trust me! I’ve done it all myself, it’s a really easy and quick process. And my handwriting looks like a 5 year old did it while they were pissed!

You’ve just been unlucky with this $500 thing. Get your bank statement and eBay invoice etc etc sent to your shippers and I guarantee they’ll be fine with it, it is after all a simple error and you have proof.

There will be something come up for the first mot. The lights will need sorting out into UK rulez but I doubt you’ll get issues with lamp positions, mine was fine in that respect. It’ll just need a few wiring mods and possibly high intensity coloured led indicators and silly stuff like that.

Plus of course anything else they find that are worn or in bad state like ball joints, brake hoses etc. Mine did...

When I drive down Janson Road on my way back to the office I can see the cranes lined up that unload the boats and when there's a big boat in I can actually see the containers and the bridge. There are four or five of these cranes and I think it takes a few days to unload one of these things. There was a boat in on Saturday that had been there a couple of days. I was thinking they need to get that out of the way to get Jo's Mustang in.

Well its not going to be today its not quite there yet,this keeps happening :(

The dates are an estimate I think if the conditions aint right or theres a delay in port etc?

Looking like Wednesday now :(

Im not picking it up its being delivered.

Looks like I may be paying the VAT sooner rather than later because of the dates which should mean in essence it should get cleared quite quickly :)

In the meantime...........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rib0jbmeaX0

Brilliant.

Btw, no emissions control on my 73 Marquis Brougham!!

And, yes, it is a massive unwieldy monster in this stupid little cuntry!

If it’s getting unloaded Wednesday then it’ll be unloaded and checked for customs etc. Then you’ll most likely get a letter a few days later requesting duty etc owed for non EU import. That’ll take a few more days.

Only when that balance is payed will your ‘Stang be released from the port.

That’s how mine was done anyway.