Wobstang II

Joloke

All good in the hood!

I am always putting the title to my cars in a safe* place.  So safe I can never find them when I need them...

Just to confirm what me old china meowdchina just said - I checked the title of my Rover P6 and it's the same as it was an out of state car; in your case 2017 represents the year title was transferred to the new owner - mine shows 2011 which is when I drug it out of a barn/field/overgrown carport in Nor Cal.

There's a couple of UK Ford blues from the 70s that would work with that interior: Bermuda and Olympic, both of which are solid colours.  See also BL/ARG Henley, from the 89-on palette.  Of course all of these are respray, or at least blowover, options.  Do we really not have a Shiter in your area who could blow it in for you?

Might be worth checking with your body man that whatever you paint it with, isn't going to create more work if and when you decide to get it sprayed, I say this as someone that once brush painted a Mk2 Cortina in Massey Ferguson red, apparently for whatever reason it would all have to be stripped off before spraying, lucky I crashed it then.

Dont mind that its not a show finish its the drying time that worries me :(

Dont have a garage just a residents car park, my neighbours are pretty tollerent but Id be more worried about the local ( little sh*ts) sorry Adorable Children playing with the slow drying paint.

Have a search locally for workshop space that can be hired flexibly; unless you're in 'that london' a workshop big enough to fit the shitestang and allow you to walk around it will may be available by the week for not much cash, enough time to paint and do a bit of rectification of blebs/runs/etc.

There's only one colour for a ll Hardtop- beige or Autoshite Racing Beige or even Charlie's Angels Beige.

post-17414-0-12991900-1515330908_thumb.jpegpost-17414-0-53085200-1515330932_thumb.jpeg

post-17414-0-00684100-1515330955_thumb.jpeg

As a 13 year old I was just starting to appreciate things like this and those pastel coloured curves were always more appealing than Farah Fawcett and he bland obvious Cobra...

What about some decent coach paints and brushes? Some of them are excellent quality paints and go on well. Once it's dry then just wet flat it back to get a smooth shiny surface.

It'll never be as good as a pro respray but it'll be good enough for what you want. Even if it's just a stop gap type job while you save up for a pro respray?

I'm sure you could borrow a garage or even a car port/driveway to do the painting. Flatting it back can be done back home.

Tractol tractor paint, it goes on well with a brush, is synthetic so unlikely to react with anything underneath, can be mixed to a RAL number. Can also be sprayed. Takes a while (though not ages) to dry will stand wet flatting.

Coach enamel is the correct thing for brushing though.

FredTransit uses Johnsons metal paint put on with a roller for colour changes on the vans, looks ok if you aren't critical.

Would purple with a silver roof work with the blue interior?

There was someone on here a while back (maybe a year ago, give or take a few months?) who debated about spraying a slightly rough 1980-ish Chevy on the cheap in matt-black. I think it did get sprayed in the end but I didn't follow that thread very often.

Anyone remember the thread?

May be some useful tips on there. Maybe not.

There was someone on here a while back (maybe a year ago, give or take a few months?) who debated about spraying a slightly rough 1980-ish Chevy in matt-black. I think it did get sprayed in the end but I didn't follow that thread very often.

Anyone remember the thread?

May be some useful tips on there. Maybe not.

That might have been Bobthebeard's Oldsmobile thread? Started in a really flat metallic blue and he redid it in satin black.

Not sure on the Purple I guess its one of those colours id love then grow to hate.

Not heard of Tractol where do you get it?

You can get it on fleabay, or if there is an agricultural engineers or farm supplies place near you they will sell it as Bod, Barleymo and Giles like to paint anything metal with it.

Bloody Hell,Bloody Hell,Bloody Hell!

Just had conformation the funds have cleared the car is now mine!

Now to get it shipped!

Sodding Hell Ive bought a car from america and there will be no Collecktion Thread :(

Great news.  Shirley there will be all kinds of shenanigans getting it out of the yard (be quick they will charge for storage) and driving it home to a prebooked MOT with no plates on VIN insurance? 

Can you find out the ship name?  Should be able to track it over the Atlantic.

Even if there isn't a collection thread, you will of course be taking the day off work for when it's delivered.  Obviously you will have it unloaded at the end of the road so you can get a vid of Our Heroine driving it the last few yards, complete with V8 soundtrack ;)

Great news.  Shirley there will be all kinds of shenanigans getting it out of the yard (be quick they will charge for storage) and driving it home to a prebooked MOT with no plates on VIN insurance? 

Can you find out the ship name?  Should be able to track it over the Atlantic.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/

The shipping company should give you all the detail of the ship so you can keep an eye on it as it meanders across the world's oceans before heading for Blighty

Bloody Hell,Bloody Hell,Bloody Hell!

Just had conformation the funds have cleared the car is now mine!

Now to get it shipped!

Sodding Hell Ive bought a car from America and there will be no Collecktion Thread :(

And it's that part of Americas' mainland that's the furthest from the UK. I would think the Stang is now going to do 3000 miles across land on a transporter to the east coast, then sail from Boston or New York.

I tracked mine using that link posted above.

Mine went from a place near Illinois by road across to New York, loaded onto the ship which then went down the east coast stopping at various docks, stopped at some docks in Texas, then turned around back up the east coast to New York again then across to Belgium before coming here to the UK and unloading.

Interesting to watch!

I tracked mine using that link posted above.

Mine went from a place near Illinois by road across to New York, loaded onto the ship which then went down the east coast stopping at various docks, stopped at some docks in Texas, then turned around back up the east coast to New York again then across to Belgium before coming here to the UK and unloading.

Interesting to watch!

I couldn't watch that to be honest, I'd be ringing the shipping company every five minutes telling them they're going in the  WRONG DIRECTION.

Dan, it's no wonder your car had running issues then: it was obviously seasick!

Probably!! It's certainly well travelled now!

When it went by road to New York it was that year they had a really cold snowy period up there I seem to remember. It took longer than it was meant to because of the snow and icy roads. Then it got stuck at New York for a while in the snow.

Then of course I had the problem with the Title being missing...

I couldn't watch that to be honest, I'd be ringing the shipping company every five minutes telling them they're going in the  WRONG DIRECTION.

It was bloody frustrating at times!

What really set me off was when they came over but sailed straight past the UK to stop in Belgium instead, then back to the UK.

^This.

The ships that do Ro-Ro usually have a set route, so it will depend on if you catch the ship on it's outward or return journey - it may head North and make a few stops before it starts to head for you.