Wobstang II

Joloke

Guest Hooli

If it's got the same number of wires & does the same functions it shouldn't be too* difficult to solve the plug issue.

I'd try to fit the old plug onto the new switch by joining wires once you'd cut the wrong plug off as then you won't need to touch the car's loom.

Guest Hooli

Only Problem is the seller wont even answer me :(

Probably cuz im not Merican

Leave half your vowels out, they don't understand proper English

Would love to help you with this Jo but I stopped having any dealings with ebay years and years ago. I saw the dark clouds coming over the horizon around 2010 and abandoned it......cant even remember what my account name was.........sorry.

Graigslist on the other hand...........

Yee-haw!!!! Fantastic result, really pleased for you. Hope the wiper linkage fuse-blowing mystery can be solved simply and cheaply as well. The car looks great and your numberplates look perfect. Do you have the 'black ink low' warning light flashing yet? :-)

Guest Hooli

I get ya just wanted to go to a few meets around the area and if it rains...................

Im Fooked..............................

Don't worry about it, properly driven yank tanks have wind down windscreens in the rain ;)

Fantastic thread,pleased that your enthusiasm and perseverance is paying out in spades ...

Can i ask if you can change the thread title to a smilie face now?

I'm sure the bad times are behind you now,with only the pesly wiper arm to sort.

Guest Hooli

Yes I dont mind doing that but dont think I can? Or Can ?

Edit the first post & chose to use the full editor (I forget the exact name but it's close) then you can edit the post title which changes the thread title too.

I'm happy to do that.  Send me the details.  I also have a UK account so you can pay me that way.

In fact thinking about it I have the MiL here right now, she can fly it back and put it in the post to you.

Good Lad Cort............I was about to ask a buddy to get it and then I'd have sent it over. One less thing to do today :-D

We have now covered around 120 miles in it its pretty useable though I must admit Im feeling a bit heady as i think theres exhaust fumes getting into the car somehow?

And the wipers are more terminal than first thought they are worse in the rain........................

All sortable though ;)

Nah that’s just part of owning such cool old stuff, all part of the charm. It’s actually good for you!

I bet it’s been an attention grabber though hasn’t it?

Seal on the heater/back of the hood gone bad? You might be getting residual stank being pulled in through the heater, guessing you've had the fan on in the rain to keep the screen clean. Was the heater/fan etc disturbed during removal of a/c?

Not sure Phil,not looked yet Dash is coming out once I have all the bits to sort it so ill look then ;)

I also wonder if its coming in though the seatbelt bolt holes?

Original belts had two retractors.one below rear windows and one on the floor i removed them to put generic three points in so there are a few unfilled holes now ;)

Could be. What's the windows-closed air path though the car? Air in at the scuttle (high pressure area of slow moving air at the base of the windscreen), usually a point of low pressure, fast moving air for the exit(s). Any drain bungs in the trunk missing? That can sometimes be a draw point, particularly if it does the typical Ford thing of venting the cabin through the door shuts.

Phil

still can't get over how small this looks....

Oh and as an 'aside' drooled yesterday over a Rover 75 fitted with the 'stang V8... gorgeous sound from the twin pipes...OH and it was a Manual too...must try and grab a pic next time