Wobstang II

Joloke

if you're a regular on yootoob, check out Hoovies garage , his latest vlog was about the RS turbo capri - fox body 2.3 turbo...looks gorgeous..goes like a scalded sloth ie slooowwwwllyyyyy LOL

do check out the interior and colour scheme though ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKzdm8Ek_XM

Only thing stumping him is why it blows wiper fuses everytime you turn off the wipers?

Why would they blow on turn off doesnt make any sense?

When you turn off the wiper, electrickery is still being fed to the parking circuit, otherwise it wouldn't park.

Once the wiper parks, i.e. disappears underneath the bonnet, it strikes an interrupter and the electrickery is truly switched off.

In this case, I suspect that it doesn't interrupt properly, but grounds it out, thus puts juice to earth and blows the fuse.

Where?

post-5454-0-50529500-1526682551_thumb.jpg

This bit. It does connect the black/pink wire to ground once it closes- if it's touching the red wire section anywhere once it closes it'll pop the fuse.

Or if they've hacked it then it may be connected wrong and that explains

In the meantime disconnect the red wire to the motor and it shouldn't pop the fuse, it just won't self park.

Phil

You know when the motor is just not connected to a power source at all should you get continuity between the Black and Red?

Only when it isn't parked. In the park position no, the red and black/pink should be disconnected from each other and the black/pink should be connected to ground.

Phil

Wont disconnecting the black do the same thing?

Its a bit harder to didconnect the red at the motor end and disconnecting the red at switch end cuts all the power to the motor :(

Only if the issue is in the wiring harness to the car, disconnecting the black/pink would show if the problem is inside the motor.

With the black/pink disconnected if it blows the fuse when it reaches the park position and you switch the switch off its connecting the red feed to ground

Edit: thinking about how it's wired, disconnect wiper motor at the plug going to it.

Ignition on, wiper switch selected to OFF. Measure for voltage between battery - (ground, vehicle body) and the black/pink wire going to the harness. If there's voltage there then that's the problem, the wiring needs to be traced back and corrected.

Might save a few fuses checking that first.

Phil

Red to black connected in the park position correct.

Drawing that much current? Yeah. Looks like maybe the internal windings are breaking down, it's getting "lazy". Drawing massive current under load isn't good.

Dim bulb tester is a good idea yes

Phil

Edit, wrong of me. When NOT parked the red and black should be connected.

Guest Hooli

Main works to get done once its back in get the dash working,plactically everything else has been done but as we speak all that works is

Fuel Gauge

Temp Gauge

Seatbelt Warning Light

Its a typical 70's Ford abysmal flexible printed cicuit design cluster with a sprung endge connector,renound for reliability (not!)

Just hope it just the cable and not my speedo head or drive eaten itself............................

I run a bike for years with just a main beam & oil pressure light. Instruments are for pussies :D

Main works to get done once its back in get the dash working,plactically everything else has been done but as we speak all that works is

Fuel Gauge

Temp Gauge

Seatbelt Warning Light

Its a typical 70's Ford abysmal flexible printed cicuit design cluster with a sprung endge connector,renound for reliability (not!)

Just hope it just the cable and not my speedo head or drive eaten itself............................

I don’t mean to blow my own horn, but...

Full house on mine, all working!

Probably more luck than anything tbh!

Guest Hooli

I guess so? Wrong shape, font and colours. Camera can’t read it.

It just surprises me as OCR in scanners etc copes easily enough with different fonts & sizes.

It just surprises me as OCR in scanners etc copes easily enough with different fonts & sizes.

I don’t honestly know. I’ve never tried it but the old bill don’t seem to like those US style replica plates on the road. I’d assumed that was why as they’re in a unique style and font that’s not used here.

Although they do seem able to read other European plates so maybe.

It was meant more as a dumbass comment really, same as not fixing the speedo!