Wobstang II

Joloke

Now I cant disagree with you in standard form but its a replacement engine it was a short block with new internals but you have to add the ancilleries and some tinware. the rebuilders make a 302 to suit everything across the board that had a 302 so the specific gas crisis restrictions arnt there on this engine ;) not sure what it does but more than the 139 the original would of ;) It does have cats though cuz Californian Smog innit! There comming off and getting cashed in ;)

So it now has ca 39 PS.

You know I must visit you with said conveyance and you must take up the gauntlet to navigate the said craft through the mean streets eddy! Do you take up they challenge ?

I'll be in Portsmouth in April to visit Dan and his Mercury, with Huggy.  South Coast Yankshite meet? ;)

Do you have a date?

I was a bit worried as I am transverse, FWD, 4 values per cylinder and without a carburettor!

Don't worry about that, I've done transverse FWD and injection, it's not so bad.  I'd do it again, but preferably as an additional vehicle, which would have to replace Giffer.

As for booking your time off, it's going to be week commencing Monday April 16th, which is my birthday.  We're probably looking at Wednesday 18th, High Noon, at Mick's Burger Van at the top of Portsdown Hill.

Huggy

Mint Mercury

Shitestang

FWD Eldo

(Assuming everyone can get the time off...)

It would be nice to fit in a visit to Stanky's Geep too, if we can...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it does!  And so dainty too against the "new" Challenger :)

I think the registration does change with ownership, as you suspected, but it wouldn't be hard to have some yellow-on-blue show plates made up, possibly with whatever number DVLA gives you.

Registration is similar to Road Tax - or whatever the fancy new name for that is.  You know a vehicle's regisration is current as there will be a sticker in each corner of the rear license plate showing the month (on one side) and year (on t'other) that the registration expires.

Plates usually stay with the car unless the owner has vanity (private) plates - in which case he/she will keep them and transfer them to their next vehicle.

I hope he didn't just pay registration on that as it won't be needed now it's off to sunnier shores ;-)

Title is the document proving ownership - pink slips, which aren't pink...

Looks much much better on those rimz.

I bet your well excited aren't you!? Dream car time!

Here's my Mercury's original Georgia plate with its license tag still on it from when it was last on the road. 1995.

Aren't US plates lovely? Much better than ours.

34786184234_b3bcd13e6a_o.jpgIMG_0190 by Dan Clark, on Flickr

I wonder how helpful the seller would be if you asked him to get you some personalized California plates?  For a fee of course...

If he's a member of AAA it wouldn't be a huge hassle - but it might be just a bit more than he would be willing to do for you...

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/ipp2/initPers.do

You can play around on the above link to see what you could get.  Naughty stuff won't be allowed - even if it makes it through the online process some steely-eyed grey faced jobsworth in Sacramento will deny it.

For example 76 PNY is available on a Black/Yellow plate for the grand total of $50 (can't remember if yours is a '76)

Of course it takes about 8 weeks and you have to collect the plates from AAA or DMV and show proof of current registration and turn in at least one of the old plates (I always keep one for the garage wall).  So there is a bit of faffing around, so he'd have to be a pretty decent sort to do all of that for you.

Pretty sure that's the issue date of the title (probably a duplicate as he didn't have the original) - top line says it's a 1975 Ford, that should be enough.

It has nothing listed under year first sold - same as it has nothing under Ax, unladen weight, transfer date, equipment/trust number, odometer date/reading.

If it were me I wouldn't borrow trouble - cross whatever bridges there are when you come to them...

License plate - doesn't matter - not going to used in the UK and like I said, common to buy a car with no plates at all.  Most new cars drive around with no plates for a few weeks.

Fayke Playtes M8 - not as good as originalz

Currently cant gwt Photoshoop working on my Compootah :( So excuse my Microsoft Paint Skills (or lack of!)

Here is the Title with the important personal stuff blanked out!

Reg is different (see Red Arrows) though Vin is correct ;)

Se Green areas

Says date of first sale and appears to say 2017 though Model year 1975 whats all that about?

Can see the Doovla throwing the rattle out of the Swansea Pram :(

Only just noticed that,should I be worried?

26230282_1955116041482094_73386131875310

That space should have first year of sale directly under it. The 2017 is the year it was registered by the seller. The car may be out of state, hence the missing first year of sale.

^^^^ What Meowdchina said

Or it could have been bought with no title and only a bill of sale, and that date is just the date this new title was issued.  Whatever the explanation I don't think it will be a problem for you...

*disclaimer - DVLA are related to DMV so may (read probably will) or may not sulk and make a crinkly mouth before finally agreeing to let you register the car...

Here it is, This is my Triumph title, which has always been a California car and date of first sale is present.

post-3699-0-28411400-1515189515_thumb.jpg

Here's the truck which was first registered in Massachusetts, date of first sale missing.

post-3699-0-34378400-1515189530_thumb.jpg

The issue date is different because that is the date I registered it in Cal......not the date I first registered it in my name, which was in Mass.