Wobstang II

Joloke

Welcome back, don't forget you can report any chiefs and hierarchy who are making g your life difficult. Those who tried to help you will only be too glad to do so again.

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

I was trying to add a poll to this but it appears to not be working :-(

So ill ask here and please just hit quote and answer yes or no :mrgreen:

Firstly thank you ever so much to those of you who have been very supportive to me (you know who you are ;-))

I think a fair few us us all know whats going on here and im not the only one tired of it :roll:

Too many Cheifs poking at us with cattle prods warmed up in the fire........................

Too many keyboard warriors who like to pick on others while those who should know better just encourage it and get a kick out of liking posts that are clearly picking on somebody who is going through a tough time............

So why am I back here?

Well heres the poll,

Do I carry on this Project Thread?

As said just hit quote and a simple Yes or No?

If you want me to carry it on I will carry on for those who want it :mrgreen:

And to hell with the hierarchy who think they have the god given right to make my life differcult :mad:

Its up to Ill stay and do this for those who want it if theres any interest in it?

Hell yes! This is one of those threads that I read but often don't have anything to say. Like many on here. So don't worry if there is no responses from people, it doesn't mean that people aren't reading it!

Firstly thank you ever so much to those of you who have been very supportive to me (you know who you are ;-))

I think a fair few us us all know whats going on here and im not the only one tired of it :roll:

Too many Cheifs poking at us with cattle prods warmed up in the fire........................

Too many keyboard warriors who like to pick on others while those who should know better just encourage it and get a kick out of liking posts that are clearly picking on somebody who is going through a tough time............

So why am I back here?

Well heres the poll,

And to hell with the hierarchy who think they have the god given right to make my life differcult :mad:

Its up to Ill stay and do this for those who want it if theres any interest in it?

Yes, yes and thrice fucking yes. This is far more interesting than pillocks like me posting threads about changing bulbs in nineties French chod*.

* I read every thread about changing light bulbs in nineties French chod

So why am I back here?

Well heres the poll,

Another vote for you to continue this proper thread! And for your persistence with shaking the shit out of the Shitestang. It's testing your commitment - you will prevail!

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

I just like the Blue Engine look better than Bling.

My fuel was perculating last year a number of reasons but one i think was it gets so hot under there it was feeding hot air directly into the carb I think ill be better off with a snorkle /factory oem flting pan air filter.

Thinking of painting the whole engine Blue including the aftermarket intake so it looks kind of factory apart from the blingy card that will me mostly hidden :roll:

I like the Blues. The Shitestang has Blues and that counts.

You can play Blues tapes with that wonderful cassette deck and the Shitestang will like it because it's in harmony with its engine colour.

Okay, it's a Boogie, but that's life. Life is like the Shitestang. So somewhere down the road, life is in perfect harmony, like it is supposed to be.

You don’t need good rust proof paint or coatings if your country isn’t a shitty wet miserable pile of old wank! We really did get the absolute pits in that respect!

I rather live in a shitty wet miserable pile of old wank than one of those dreary shitholes where it's too fucking hot, the president is a wannabe Hitler and the beer is shit.

Just been out to briefly uncover Shitey after reading the correct float bowl level and my memory teling me id swear it was higher than that? Anyway silly me realised I cant read the float bowl levels at present as they are empty!

Besides that I cant get to the cockpit prime position as its full of junk to even fire it up :roll:

So I gave up!

But whilst there I was reminided why I was going back to OEM Blue enamel engine tinware...................................

Just check out this ultra shite and thin Chrome plating after just 3 months of Winter Slumber :shock:

51381359_2447404141998852_60118249815985

51604178_2447404245332175_74776573121029

And this Master Cylinder was new 8 months ago :shock:

It was a rebuild unit,I guess they just use the cheapest paint available with no rust prevention properties :roll:

51848087_2447404195332180_79046974621435

Car covers just keep the moisture in to make sure everything goes rotten.

Covers are fine...

...if you know when to use them and when not to!

I keep my Yank and the Transit under covers but you need to only use them to keep the worst of the shit weather off. Once the weather is dry get the covers off and let the car air out and dry out naturally.

You will always get some condensation under a cover, it’s unavoidable even with breathable ones, the trick is to keep taking the cover off whenever it’s not pissing with rain!

The worst thing to do to an old car is leave it unused and sat out in the weather for months at a time. My Capri deteriorated very very quickly when I first got it because it ran out of test and just sat for ages unused over winter in the rain and snow etc. It noticeably slowed when I started using a cover.

Just be sure to take them off whenever you can.

Best thing to do really is keep using the car. Easier said than done though with the wet weather and shit ton load of sodding salt all over the roads!

Dont worry Dan as soon as its given up its nasty drink habit it will be in regular use ;-)

Just caught me out this year :roll:

Mind you the chrome that rusted is still rubbish chrome,car thankfully hasnt seen any salt :mrgreen:

Just think of them as a rain cover. If it ain’t rainin, take it off!

I don’t use my cars through winter much at all tbh. The wet and the salt worry me something terrible!! They might come out a couple of times at most through winter, ideally on a dry day when the roads have dried off. Then I’ll often hose the salt off afterwards.

The Capri will not ever see salted or winter roads ever again! It’s garaged though so there shouldn’t be any issues with that. I’m not spending money and time like that to see it rust again!