Wobstang II

Joloke

Aye, best sort out the carb situation first but those wheels look WOWWW :-)

Nothing wrong with existing rims for now.

As your existing 600 carb is still quite new it could raise some £££s sold to someone with a slightly larger Ford V8, maybe a 351. Or a 350 Chevy. I remember googling the carb when the car first arrived and they generally had very good reviews. Just a tad oversized and uneconomical for your needs.

That colour looks good on a Stang II, looks a lot like the uk Copper Brown. Shows the lines of the body and makes it look a little bit larger. Almost 'Torino-ey', but in a more manageable size. If that makes sense.

The carb situation is something I've been giving a lot of thought to recently. The Edelbrock 1404 seems to get good reports for being easy to adjust, and stay in tune. Not sure how your carb operates but this one has two primary barrels which operate during small throttle openings (flow up to 200cfm, for low speed driveability) but then two secondary barrels which progressively open when you put your foot down (up to 500cfm)

I've got one on the way from Roadcraft, so will report back how it all goes!

https://roadcraftuk.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=120

The carb situation is something I've been giving a lot of thought to recently. The Edelbrock 1404 seems to get good reports for being easy to adjust, and stay in tune. Not sure how your carb operates but this one has two primary barrels which operate during small throttle openings (flow up to 200cfm, for low speed driveability) but then two secondary barrels which progressively open when you put your foot down (up to 500cfm)

I've got one on the way from Roadcraft, so will report back how it all goes!

https://roadcraftuk.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=120

I’ve got a 1406 on the Mercury. Obviously it’d be too big for Jo’s ‘Stang but they’re decent carb’s for non oe’s. Dead easy to fit and tune too.

• 2 weeks later...

I first saw a Mustang II when I was just 10.................. 36 years ago, thats how long ive had this dream I wanted to finish it and me and shitey would live happily ever after but I fear this dream is coming to a close :-(

First you feel you dream has been hijacked then you start to get things thrown back in your face :-(

Do I want him to go? Probably not but starting to feel like I have no choice :roll:

Just feeling very down right now and finding it hard to cope,its not the money im just not coping well.......................................

I know that feeling very well.

One of the best things to do now is put it away. Get a cover or something to keep it out of sight (out of mind!) and give it a rest for a while. It’s shit out now anyway so your not missing much.

Come back to it after New Years or something when you’ve had a break and got some enthusiasm back.

I felt the same when the Mercury needed an engine rebuild and the same again at least twice during the Capri resto. Don’t make any stupid rash decisions, and come back to it later. I’ve had a rest from the Crapi and now I’m feeling a bit more enthused with it so I’ll do some more on it once the weathers drier.

It does you well to give things a rest sometimes.

i did have a plan already but if I need a new carb sadly might have to go out the window?

:cry:

Ansen Sprints

Now being remade again 15x17j can get them in this country around end of Feb,was all set for a set but now looks like money has to be spent on fueling :-(

I mean just look at them......................

18698170_1305845129514821_78472944641965

Paint red with a white stripe and you are Dave Starsky

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Is this any good to you ? I am not sure on make but probably Motorcraft. It was in the boot of the Thunderturd so I have no idea if it is any good but it fits a Ford 390. If it's any use to you I am driving into London on Sunday from Bristol.

post-5515-0-29535400-1544798668_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-02995400-1544798693_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-34134800-1544798711_thumb.jpg

Edited after reading you last post, hopefully the forum police will calm down a bit as this has been a great thread. The moderation does seem to be getting a bit heavy handed of late and to be honest I wouldn't blame you for walking as it seems there is little interest in the older shite on here now.

• 1 month later...

Tumbleweed and Damp Abandonment :cry:

Dont know if there will be anything added to this unless of course those who want it,want it?

Headliner,Plush New Carpet,Lashings of Silver Paint and a Holley Street Avenger thrown in for good measure yet to come

The Future is Bright :mrgreen:

I want it. Oh yes.

I really do love this car, in all its ragged glory.

Great to see you back Jo, we've missed ya.

Yes carry on, I want to try and buy a car from that side of the sea one day and these threads are great for reminding me how much of a woose I've been up to now.

I was wondering what happened with this car as i couldn't find the thread, they drop down multiple pages very quickly these days and the bloody search is useless.