Wobstang II

Joloke

If shipping parts is expensive i will be flying through Heathrow / Europe next month and can easily smuggle a package for you.

All the door rubbers and so on are not MOT critical, my unsolicited advice would be get it on the road, enjoy it and work through the inevitable teething issues and then work on cosmetics over the next few months.  So in the short term, make a mount for the switches under the dash and enjoy. 

Would these be worth contacting for the seals? https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk

At the end of the day they’re just shaped strips of rubber so I’d imagine anywhere like this could get the correct (or near as damn it) shaped bits and you fit and cut to length.

Headlining. Eddy did a nice job of this on his Cadillac using some very unassuming basic materials. I can’t remember what it was he actually used for it but it looked the part afterwards.

I’ve also completely done out the rear interior of my camper van. All I’ve used is sound deadening trim carpet and trim fix adhesive (aerosols) to glue it on. It glues to metal, plastic, wood anything really. Loads of colours available too.

Or what about getting a cheapo headlining kit for something like a Capri and adapting it?

I can’t help much with the wiper switch though! I’m an idiot and like things ‘right’ so I’m afraid I’d fork out the dosh for the correct expensive part! Factory innit!

For now though can’t you just make up a mount from some old ally sheet or similar to take your current adapted temp switches? At least then they’re tidy and fixed in place.

I don’t know anywhere that do them in bulk. Are they the little plastic ones or metal?

There’s some different types on here, https://www.motomobil.com/online-shop,8063.html?page=2&producer_id=1&auto_id=90&auto_mod_id=92&category_id=9&category_sub_id=&state_id=&word=&artnr=&bonus=0&q=&latest=

I got my Capri ones from here along with some new badges.

Failing that you could try not using the clips but get some of the double sided adhesive foam trim tape?

Just cut a strip off big enough for the badge and stick it on instead. The tape will cover and seal the original holes in the panels too. I did this on my old Granada and it worked well.

This sort of stuff https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Double-Sided-Automotive-Permanent-Self-Adhesive-Foam-Car-Body-Trim-Tape/272864403155?hash=item3f87fc5ed3:m:mRW55AldugI_CzzTxab4X2Q

I'm not sure how many septics I've had in my life, but I can't remember a single one with a borked indicator stalk,

which sometimes also contain wiper, cruise control and main beam functions. They were usually the same in every model the corp produced.

It's rather bizarre that they made an especially flimsy one especially for the Mustang II.

Yeah, I may* keep forgetting that those cars are now 15 years older than when I still liked them.

But the indicator switch/stalk combo in my '74 Ford was like new, now that I think of it.

I find it especially bewildering on a freshly imported car. Since when do the septics indicate?

Usually the switches are unused upon arrival in Ye Olde Worlde, a bit like the mirrors having never been looked into.

Thanks Guys

The tape might be a solution as I wanted to stick the badges back on and run it a bit shite ratty for a while once its more sorted i will probably get the real clips ;)

I’m actually considering using tape for the Capri’s badges when it gets that far instead of the pins and clips. Imho drilling holes into fresh panels with new paint seems like inviting trouble. The holes are often the first places rust starts again. At least with tape it can’t do that. You’d never know the difference either unless you really started looking hard!

SEALS id be down the local scrappy looking around to see whats similar, most boot seals are fairly generic so you may be able to cut and shut a load if its from something common, 

try car builder solutions or any kit car suppliers for universal indicator stalks and make something fit.

cleaning the seals with g101 or any multipurpose cleaner and giving them a wipe with silicone grease (not the spray kind) helps them to seal better, works on sunroofs. you can try and fill the internal void with smaller diameter 

piping like vacuum pipe or diesel bleed off pipe, or back fill it with a silicone sealant if the gap i huge.  

have a nosey on a kit car forum for door/boot seals....i'm sure they have a go to supplier...

Re headlining, acoustic carpet and spray adhesive!!!!

indicator/washer stalk....anything uk/jap you could cobble together??? jap stuff is probably similar shape as euro stuff tends to be square jap stuff IIRC is usually round