New Dadmobile suggestions please...

garycox

If he wants no hassle, he might be better off sticking with the BGT, it's popular for a reason, they are the ultimate simple to own classic - parts supply is better than most modern cars as a example.I know they are boring and a cliche, but they are not bad to drive, and he should get an pretty good 1970s one for £3000. You get get chrome bumper retrofit kits for the rubber bumper models, and I am fairly sure you can sort out the ride height as well. Lots of general performance & handling mods out there as well.But a 1973/4 might be best, as these are not tax exempt they are not worth a lot more than rubber bumper jobs. Body rot is the biggest thing to look for, check a shiny car is not full of filler underneath. Any genuine car being sold for around £3k should have all its running gear in good order.I would avoid a Stag at this money - a good one starts at about £5, dressed up shitters (which is what he'll get for £3k) are not worth it.

Alfetta GTV. Won't be be tax exempt but a really nice one, even a V6 should be in budget.

That was my 2nd prize for 'sight of the week' - this morning I passed an early 80s GTV pulling a trailer with a 2nd race prepped GTV of the same style on the back 8)