Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

• Please log in to reply
44590 replies to this topic

#44581 OFFLINE   vulgalour

vulgalour

• Full Members
  • 13,353 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationMucking Fental

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Almost asked you what "teatable components" are supposed to be.   I need to get my eyes tested or something.

• AndyW201 likes this

#44582 OFFLINE   DeeJay

DeeJay

• Full Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted Yesterday, 04:04 PM

^^^^Nipple-ong to the optician. 

• myglaren and Hooli like this

#44583 ONLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 321 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Katie Hopkins is apparently being forced to sell her home to cover court costs after losing a libel case. The house is on Rightmove:

Hopkins1.JPG
Hopkins2.JPG
Hopkins3.JPG

Credit to https://twitter.com/BenTheTim

Straight out of Are Ye Right There, Father Ted?
F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

#44584 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 36,307 posts
  • 136 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Depends, if its had a new gearbox fitted of late could be OK. That's the decider with those, 2nd and 6th bearings failing. Needless to say replacement boxes are at a premium. I don't think the engine itself is any worse than anything else AFAIK. Turbo solenoids go with regularity as does the EGR cooler.

I's not the box that you need to worry about, it's the OIL PUMP OF DOOM. Late 2013 on ones are supposedly ok, earlier ones a lottery. Suggestions are if the engine is turned off the moment the low oil pressure warning flashes off, they can be saved. Something to do with a seal that fails, I think.

Anyhow, that was the reason my son went for a petrol Insignia in the end, not a dizzler. 

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#44585 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 6,522 posts
  • 46 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

The 6 speed is a dreadful bit of kit durability wise though. I completely agree though I'd go for the petrol 1.8. Few less mpg and less torque but reliability slightly better.

The oil pump situation is annoying, seems to be another weakness that Vauxhall seem to ignore or do nothing about, sacked a 1.7 DTI recently off for same reason. They just seem unable to make oil pumps properly.

#44586 OFFLINE   beko1987

beko1987

Reliable Renault

• Full Members
  • 12,353 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationThame, Oxon

Posted Yesterday, 08:16 PM

The Laguna has excelled itself this weekend! 330 miles to Port talbot and back, some fucking awful rain on the m4 by Cardiff and 70/80 most of the rest of the time! 56.5mpg across the trip, which is nice to see as it means the car can't be too broken! Brakes were a bit squiffy during the really bad rain, but I'm putting that down to being waterlogged. The Forte stuff must be doing something as I went up the Rev range a bit when I got close to home and it was blowing lots of clag out, which it never normally does

IMG_20180120_143014.jpg

IMG_20180121_122710.jpg

Dream house! I've seen and played with vacuums I didn't even know existed! He has a good 400 of them dotted around
  • M'coli, catsinthewelder, RobT and 4 others like this
<p>2001 Gooner2 Ph1 1.9Dci Expression (His)<br>
2008 <strike>orl</strike> Vauxhall<strike>s</strike> <strike>r Shit</strike> Zafira 1.8 SRI 140 (Hers)

#44587 OFFLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 3,761 posts
  • 45 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 PM

Trip back down the M1 and round the 25 last night had a clear run with no hold ups and finally got the lpg system set so it's showing stoiciometric on the air fuel gauge at cruise rather than stupidly weak or lean, it's now rich at low revs but at least I won't be burning valves.

#44588 OFFLINE   M'coli

M'coli

• Full Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationSemper semi somnus

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 PM

The Laguna has excelled itself this weekend! 330 miles to Port talbot and back, some fucking awful rain on the m4 by Cardiff and 70/80 most of the rest of the time! 56.5mpg across the trip, which is nice to see as it means the car can't be too broken! Brakes were a bit squiffy during the really bad rain, but I'm putting that down to being waterlogged. The Forte stuff must be doing something as I went up the Rev range a bit when I got close to home and it was blowing lots of clag out, which it never normally does

IMG_20180120_143014.jpg

IMG_20180121_122710.jpg

Dream house! I've seen and played with vacuums I didn't even know existed! He has a good 400 of them dotted around

How many Mac Classics? I did my first proper programming on them (TurboPascal).

"How would ya get a maaa-chine to do that?"

#44589 OFFLINE   AlabamaShrimp

AlabamaShrimp

• Full Members
  • 4,392 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationWakefield

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

Want another? I've got a broken one to get rid of!

#44590 OFFLINE   beko1987

beko1987

Reliable Renault

• Full Members
  • 12,353 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationThame, Oxon

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 PM

That's all of them I think. He had a BBC in his office, and a fuck load of games consoles dotted around!

Alabama I can ask him if you want, what is it and how much do you want?
<p>2001 Gooner2 Ph1 1.9Dci Expression (His)<br>
2008 <strike>orl</strike> Vauxhall<strike>s</strike> <strike>r Shit</strike> Zafira 1.8 SRI 140 (Hers)

#44591 OFFLINE   AlabamaShrimp

AlabamaShrimp

• Full Members
  • 4,392 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationWakefield

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 PM

Sorry I didn't read the post right and didn't know all that stuff wasn't yours.

I've no idea what it is. One of them small ones in the bottom. It won't turn on. Might be sod all might not be. Mouse and keyboard. No idea how much for it. Got about £50 for the last one.

what do they go for on ebay?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users