That Chainsaw-powered Raleigh RSW

strangeangel

That chainsaw engine looks more like a strimmer engine to me, what cc/power is it ?

Original description from Billy's roffle thread:

It's a 1960's (I think) Raleigh RSW (Raleigh Small Wheels) push rocket, with a 50cc chain saw engine fitted. The creator said it does 30mph, best of luck with that gig, I'm not brave enough to try that.

If only it had a big turbo, oh and maybe a jet assist for outrunning the law!

I like it very much but bringing home miscellaneous moped type stuff is getting me in trouble with Mrs6C.

All the coppers around here look like they have been shagged by Mr Kipling so doubt 20 stone of plod will be able to bother you above 5mph unless you are stupid enough to carry a box of doughnuts on the back.

If only it had a big turbo, oh and maybe a jet assist for outrunning the law!

I like it very much but bringing home miscellaneous moped type stuff is getting me in trouble with Mrs6C.

Just put a bow on it, and tell her its her chrimbo pressie.. double win!! LOL

I love this. It's mad. But there aren't too many places to use one and the law in these parts seems to be going very heavy on folk using similar petrol engined bicycles.....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

If you want to pop across, see post #19 ride it down for me, perfect solution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody please buy this as having seen Strangeangel's post code, there's a terrible possibility that he lives somewhere near a railway station on the same shit Northern Trains line that I do. I'm not sure putting a cardboard box over the engine held on with bungie straps will pass the guards inspection in the bike area of one of the shite trains that they use between Huddersfield and Sheffield.

Somebody please buy this as having seen Strangeangel's post code, there's a terrible possibility that he lives somewhere near a railway station on the same shit Northern Trains line that I do. I'm not sure putting a cardboard box over the engine held on with bungie straps will pass the guards inspection in the bike area of one of the shite trains that they use between Huddersfield and Sheffield.

I don't think anyone has actually used public transport for the homeward leg of a collection mission before, you should definitely do that. 

And, yeah, we're handy for the PENIStone line :)