Peugeot 406 2.1 TD £2.50 a ticket or offers

bub2006

I wpuld like to say a thank you to dcd1979 for today by the way. It was bloody cold and this brave soldier was wrestling with a clevis pin and adjusting the selector rod.

Oooooh Matron!

Not much of a poster but good to see your posts again. As someone who struggles with my own mental health, autoshite as a community is a good (albeit anonymous for me) support!

CFD

Im thinking gummed petrol now. Today she has ran fine. No issues or stalling except a small flutter when i nipped in motor factors. Also the emv has been repaired so gearbox works fine and its no longer as high revving. Some fresh fuel and use seems to be helping the small niggles

No clue sorry, all i remember from back in 04 when i was after one is that the 440s with the carb fed 1.7 had a fairly common issue with the carb base plate warping, but i think that led to a petrol leak more than idling issues. Luckily the 440 i ended up with was injected.

Is it a Webber twin-sequential carburettor?  if so, these are a twat for getting sludge build-up in the well between the two float chambers.  If you take the top of the carb off, you'll see there's two float chambers (one either side), and a drilling in the bottom of each of them, which links them together in a wide square U shape.  The four jets in the middle draw fuel from the centre of this U,

Of course, being the lowest point, that's where all the silt and shite builds up.  I had awful running issues with an X1/9 with this design of carburettor until I understood how it was designed.  A quick blast of compressed air through the drillings in the correct direction, and a chunk of gasket/sludge/bleugh the size of a Tic-tac came hurtling out at speed.  Was absolutely fine after that.  Frustration level of issue 346/10.  Cost of repair £0.  Bastard carburettors.

Over past 2 years ive lost countless cars,been homeless, had a serious van crash,marriage failure twice,disability and a mini stroke. The folks here have helped me through a lot. Some i owe so much to for keeping me sane. Ive fell out with some being grumpy and yea i may be a twat but i really enjoy all of your company.

Welcome back mate - nice wheels ... hope you are better and back to 100% asap.

One of these days I may try a 340!