Vauxhall Movano - spears or reapers - needs to go like yesterday - £120

wuvvum

I appreciate this is a long shot but the council have run out of patience with the Movano being parked on the residents' car park with no T&T, and as there's no way I'm going to get around to sorting it before at least March (if at all), and I don't know anyone with a big enough driveway to store it for me in the meantime, it's got to go.  It's been a good van so rather than weighing it in I thought it was worth putting it up on here for scrap money to see if anyone wants it.

Problem is, as said before it has no T&T, and although it starts on the button, drives and the engine sounds quite healthy, I wouldn't trust it over any distance because the turbo is on its way out (I'm pretty sure it's the turbo anyway) and it's using quite a lot of oil - it also ran away once, but that was my fault for redlining it in neutral when it had been sat idling for an hour - it's not done it since, but it's still not very well, and the intercooler pipes have quite a bit of oil in them.

Other than that it isn't too bad really.  Gearbox is good, clutch is good, brakes are good, electrics all work apart from the remote locking, and the driver's door lock only works from the inside (common thing with these).  It's a 115bhp 2.5 DCi so goes adequately well, even if it doesn't set the world on fire.  It's a LWB high top so mahoosive in the back.  The cab isn't too bad (it's a 2-seater with a big storage box between the seats).  Bodywork is presentable, although there's some rust at the back of one of the sills which would need patching up for a test, and it's also gone rusty behind the side rubbing strips down the driver's side, although that isn't an MOT issue obvs.  Tyres are good, and even the flashy lights on top work.  It has a towbar with the weird plug with about a bazillion pins in it, although I've got an adaptor to fit (removed at the moment as it was cutting out the rear foglamp).  It has electric windows and even has choonz, although there's only one speaker (in the headlining above the driver's seat).  Oh yeah, it also has a BRAND NEW auxiliary belt, which cost me 16 fugging quid.  Good battery too.

Here's the awkward bit.  It needs to go this week - the only time I can weigh it in if I have to is Saturday morning, as I'm at work in the week and then after that it's Christmas / New Year so scrappers will be closed anyway.  Unless you're very local it will almost certainly need towing - either on the back of a truck or on a bar behind a suitable tow vehicle (the engine will run on idle for as long as you want it to so no problem re PAS / brake vacuum etc).  And it'd have to be picked up in the evening or first thing in the morning, 'cos I'm at work the rest of the time like I said.  And not Friday evening 'cos it's the work Christmas do then.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures - taken a year or so ago but it hasn't changed much.

post-190-0-07576200-1513040274_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-39093300-1513040335_thumb.jpg

In NE Norfolk.

It would, a shed that size is going to be the wrong side of £500 these days!  That would be a shame though, it looks like it has plenty of life left as an actual van.  If only you were closer/I had more money/time wasn't such an issue/etc etc #excuse-bingo

GLWTS

Wuvv's is a few miles outside Norwich....... is always exact with the description and honest as the day is long (in deepest winter) - I've had a Celsior from him before and it was spot on.

Shame this may see its doom in the very near future. I'm the wrong side of the pond for getting there in time.........

Shame, looks like that's still got a lot of life left in it, unusual to see a large van in that good nick.  As has been said, looks an ideal base for a camper conversion.

No room at the inn here sadly...think my neighbours would send out a lynch mob if I park anything else outside here!

It would be worth fixing if I had the time to do it.  Unfortunately the council won't let me keep it where it is, and it won't fit on my drive - I don't know anyone else who has space to store it off the road either.  It's quite a large vehicle

Camouflage wrap, what fucking van ?  :-D