A SURVEY - on your motivations and interests in 'Autoshite' cars

doctor924

I couldn't finish the survey.  The questions were too convoluted, too far removed from reality and made me go "Dafuq??" too many times.

Also, far too much bias on "how much would you sell this theoretical thing for"..  Well, I've no idea.  Depends entirely on my personal circumstances at the time.

I can see this survey being more relevant to a classic car owner.  Not an Autoshite owner.

... "you are about to buy a £7000 base specification Ford Fiesta."  Am I bollocks.  I wouldn't spend £70 on a base specification Ford Fiesta.  I have absolutely no concept of spending £7k on *any* car, never mind one I would instantly hate.

"You are about to spend £250 on a 1992 Citroen BX that has been parked up for 9 months and has no MOT"  Much more like it.

"You are about to spend £12 on several ROFFLE tickets for a 26 year old miserable French saloon car with the wrong type of gearbox".  Yes, I can understand that too.

"You are about to spend £6 on a couple of ROFFLE tickets for a completely unknown vehicle that hasn't even been chosen yet."  Erm... you know me too well.

In the ops opening post he says something about having an interest on the cars on here... Did he mean to post this on the carandclassic forum?

I hope trigger answers about his van... Worth alot of money guv, rare, barn find etc.

Did this have to be pinned? Was any background info undertaken short of being asked nicely so why not?

Your mandatory fields are all to cock too, I answered no to all 3 questions on page 1 and it carried on... Your fields are not locked down to alpha or numeric only...

post-5612-0-97384200-1513024501_thumb.png

Then I got bored when it asked the same questions again and again in a slightly different way, and am now eating mince pies and cream.

Ill jump in my classic* car tomorrow and drive to work, happy that I could sell it for £7 let alone £7k tomorrow and carry on with life

I tried, but it all got a bit weird

Q22: "You are offered £7000 to press a button which will kill a random person. No repercussions. Do you press the button?"

Q23: "There's been a problem, you'll be given the £7000 anyway, and a person will be killed at random some time in the future. Does this weigh on your mind?"

Q24: "You went back and pressed the button 10 times. There's £70,000 in your bank. Do you stop here?"

Q25: "You just found out that the button only kills people your parents went to school with. Do you feel remorseful?"

I would suggest to the OP that as he or she is a member they should just hang about here for a few weeks so get some answers to questions they never even knew existed.

Like how much more can Volvo owners in Scotland tolerate the influx of Renault Clios before a letter gets written to the local MP.

Lagunas and how to make them work

Rovers

Roffles.

Posting up of Shite 'square ball' purchases by a darts-loving Cheshireman.

Colin.

Y tho.

Grumps.

Seriously though, I can type in any question to Autoshite and it will tell me the answer.

PS I did not complete the questionnaire after reading all the comments.

This experience proves beyond any possible doubt that no good turn goes unpunished...

Proves that the person hawking the survey should know their audience. I only know of a few people here who own a classic car as a nest egg, and some have done it unintentionally (bought when cheap), some because why not, and I can't imagine any of them wanting to sell it for £££ bar an emergency.

What were we saying in the 'classics out of reach' thread the other day? This doesn't help. I only run modern cars because I can't afford to buy or maintain older ones...

I was up for this but typically for a survey some of the questions seemed contrived and hard work, there's possibly a reason for that but it made me not want to complete it!

I have given up to be honest. I tried and managed 75%, but it’s all money oriented and not about cars.

Well I've done it but the questions were weird. If I won a car that means it was free.

If it's free I might give it away myself so why ask how much I'd sell a mythical car for? Same with compensation £0, I won a free car, I can wait.

Tbh I'd just take the Fiesta but if you fell like giving me £7000 for mine I'll definitely think a out it :-)

Friends of mine did win a metro in a competition. It sat on the road outside their house in twickenham whilst they used their Dyane. They sold it to someone for about 2/3 list price after a while.

My answers to the questionnaire were along the lines of - I’d seek it for what it was worth and didn’t need compensation for delays for a free gift. As it happens I am looking to buy a classic at the moment having saved up, but then asking what I’d sell it for is odd- I’ve waited thirty years to buy one, I’m not going to sell it.

I filled it in using Tom Forth's old but still excellent, Guardian-Style Comment Generator.

As my great-uncle on my mother's side was a steel-worker from East Kilbride I feel that I can speak with some authority about the British working-class experience. If we all paid more regular visits to our local Turkish tea shops we might better understand why Armenia is such a complicated issue. Stop the evil drone attacks in Pakistan before the machines turn on us!

Ye Gods, you lot have a low tolerance for surveys! That was considerably better than ABSOLUTELY EVERY survey I've had to fill out while working for 'a large corporate' - and that's a lot of surveys.

Agreed, the designed-for target audience is probably not shiters.

The last question could do with the references to the classic/collectable car being removed as the subject of the question is the fiesta. I answered assuming the questions were about the fiesta...

I thought it did draw out some interesting attitudinal differences - I would indeed regard the prize of a new fiesta as no more interesting or of value to me than a ton of manure, and I'm neither a farmer or a keen horticulturist.

*For clarity, my choice of classic/collectable car would not be a fiesta. Not yet, anyway.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk