A SURVEY - on your motivations and interests in 'Autoshite' cars

doctor924

Hello everyone

Whilst I have a passion for cars that are typically discussed in this forum, for my day job I work at Chester University. Myself and a colleague are though interested in undertaking research concerning your motivations and views of classic /collector cars - especially those that are not yet perhaps more widely acknowledged as such. With the permission of the moderators, we would like to invite you to undertake the survey through the link below. This should require between 15-20 minutes or so to complete. 

The opening part of the survey clarifies how we will use your information confidentially but if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Survey located at: https://lhubos.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/classic-car-buying-behaviour

Password access: cars

Thank you for your time.

Ian Pownall

Victoria Kennedy

Hi everyone

The questions are 'geared' towards various scenarios and deliberately asking what would you do if...

It doesn't matter if you own/don't own a classic or otherwise, nor really what you think is or is not a classic per se. We're interested in the views of people who live with/work with/buy / sell cars that are not new but equally not perhaps described as classics/collectors yet by the mainstream media.

That was and is the hard part in this - ie. finding people with car interests but not necessarily part of an established car / classic/collector club scene - if that makes any sense!

Thanks

Ian

I was up for this but typically for a survey some of the questions seemed contrived and hard work, there's possibly a reason for that but it made me not want to complete it!

True - the questions are a little odd perhaps. But as you state there are reasons for this. The primary one is (as I noted below) we're not directly concerned with the views of folk towards established/mainstream classic/collector cars  - but trying to understand what issues shape the cars that might be discussed more on this forum, to move towards potentially becoming those classics/collector cars in the near / medium term future. That's why there are some scenarios and 'what if' style questions.

Having assisted with designing online questionnaires previously for a psychology thesis (attitudes toward organ donation in different hypothetical scenarios), I can confirm it's a nightmare trying to strike a balance between responses that can be meaningfully analysed by the software to show clear patterns, and not making it sound really odd and convoluted to the respondent.

That said, I would have deep concerns that putatively offering a total base-spec Fiesta to the bASe lickers on here may potentially skew the results somewhat...

Mrs DC's first Yaris started life as a competition prize, and was some commercial spec well below showroom level - vinyl a-go-go inside and not even proper carpet... that caused a few expressions of wantage on these hallowed pages.

What you need to do is to supply free ale as you interview one of us in person. Someone who lives in Chester would be ideal.

New Wetherspoon’s 6.00pm tomorrow?

Filled it out,  I could picture the £7k Fiesta as the doom blue 16 plater we have at work that cost about £7k just before they stopped selling poverty spec Fiestas and introduced the Ka+.  I could sell a new one straight to the boss to replace the lone Swift on the fleet as I would ruin a shiney Fiesta in about 2 weeks with dogs, kids and sacks of cement.

Well that's 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back - what a load of old tosh. 

Q21 - "Some goods are pleasant and fun" - have you seen my motley collection? Neither pleasant or fun, but I love them all (on good days)

Q28 -  car needs repair "4 times in 4 weeks"  - take it over the bridge pal.

Sorry Mr Doctor924 these questions not aimed at Autoshite folk

P.P.S.

Can an admin maybe pin this topic. Updates, links to the voting topics and ordering info will be posted here.

Admins: Any chance of it being pinned so ppl don't miss out on voting?

Ta

Can an admin please pin this subject, here is a choice of suitable devices , just pick one, Thanks.

240_F_77131704_gzpFWSfva3VuiKeI2BqffTfPQ

Has anyone asked us to pin it?

eh.. yes...

Well I've done it but the questions were weird. If I won a car that means it was free.

If it's free I might give it away myself so why ask how much I'd sell a mythical car for? Same with compensation £0, I won a free car, I can wait.

Tbh I'd just take the Fiesta but if you feel like giving me £7000 for mine I'll definitely think about it :-)