Cannock Fail - VOTE NOW for charity donation

Pillock

Cannock Fail  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to see the Cannock Auction fund sent for Christmas?

So due to a stupid auctioneer, the purchase of a Peugeot 406 fell through. Nothing else at the auction was within budget, so 320Touring has now got £177 burning a hole

Try as we might, nothing else could be found over coffee in the Hollies. It has been decided to donate this money to charity and the following shortlist has been drawn up

1. Shelter

2. NSPCC

3. Macmillan

I'll leave voting open over the weekend and the charity with the most votes gets the cash.

How about a more closer to home charity, either health or car related? Having seen a £400k+ print invoice for the MacMillan Christmas campaign last year (for a compo claim with rm be clause they fucked up) I doubt they need the money...

Or keep the pot until the next auction and get someone who knows how to wave to bid

I didn't buy a ticket so don't listen to me, but perhaps the best idea is to split it, £77 or whatever cash refund to the winner based on tonight's lotto, and the rest to charity?

If people are keen to do it again then plan it in for the next visit, maybe with a £5 ticket price you could get something really decadent.

Maybe we could open the pot for further donations across the board, maybe get another few quid together and make a bigger donation to a deserving cause or causes? Autoshite in the community and all that

Hmmm. OK - I put the vote up on behalf of 320T as he was getting on the road and felt that was the best option. Perhaps we need a different discussion, I think he was just aware of needing to do something with the cash so it wasn't just resting in his account.

Roffle winner chooses the charity.

That's a good call. Otherwise, we'll be arguing all weekend about it. I'm also slightly anti big charities. £177 would make a huge difference to some of the smaller ones.

If we re-run next year, I think we need a larger pot. Would folk be willing to go up to a fiver?

We should (imho) definitey have a chosen charity next year. Whether (the value of) one ticket per lottery, plus whatever else into the pot. I know 'big' charities can get a bad press, by the way, but I've seen first hand what Macmillan's do very recently, and I cannot fault them.

Can the winner choose to roll over to the next auction and experience the delight and excitement of something else being hastily chosen for them?

I find charities a tough gig.... The big ones do some great work but they also have a regular income, meanwhile there's all sorts of little ones that struggle to look after two horses and a hedgehog or something.

I personally don't mind which way it goes. All three nominated charities are more than worthy, in my opinion. I do think the money should go.the way of a charity, as that was what was stated at tbe beginning. However, if it rolls over, I won't be disappointed.

As for further mystery roffles, I'm well and truly in.

I reckon winner gets to choose- they can choose a charity, or choose to roll it over to the next auction? If I won I would very much enjoy a random collection jolly, but I'd be happy to bung the proceeds from selling or bridging whatever I ended up with to charity afterwards...

I think, as punishment for not waving loud enough at the auction you should transfer hairnet the dough, and await further instructions...

He'll only use it to go on an unintelligble holiday to Ireland where he will witter on a lot of shite like he usually does.

Won't you, Hairnet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk