"No Reserve"

Station

I really don't like 1p / 99p / no reserve auctions when I'm selling stuff.I bought a car from a chap a few ywars ago for £361 and when I rang him he sounded properly pissed off about it but agreed to the sale. I arranged to pick it up and when I arrived he was having a proper brawl on the front lawn outside his house. Eventually the seller admitted that the bloke he was scrapping with was meant to bid on the car but had gone to the pub instead. He'd wanted £800 and the other chap was meant to have shilled it to somewhere near that, instead of getting bladdered.Seller was fine with me, but that put me right off ebay.

Egay just cancelled ANOTHER of my listings. Why?Because I put 'the item is advertised elsewhere and I reserve the right......'They don't like that do they?Wasn't arsed though because I sold it for the full coin off another forum.I've sold about £300 worth of accumulated junk off two 99p starting price ads and my ebay fees total 9 pence. I love it!

Some people just don't grasp how ebay, and auctions in general, work."No reserve" yet a start price of £750 on a car worth, yup, about £750.Start price of £750 and a BIN of £755.Identical BIN and reserve prices.Even better is those who don't put a reserve in, yet do stupid stuff like say "If this car doesn't reach £xxx I reserve the right to end early". So put a reserve in you cheapskate, or since you're so sure of the car's value just put a classified advert up. Nob.I have heard some horror stories, a few from this very forum, from where cars don't make expected price but the seller is forced into selling anyway, and they sabotage the car. Loose fuel lines and no brake fluid spring to mind.

My brother once bought a car with no reverse in the title. Having paid for his bargain, he was dismayed to find he couldn't back it off the driveway it was on.

Dyslexic fucker! :lol:

ha ha- nearly pissed mesen laffing at that one :lol::lol::lol:

john :lol:

Egay just cancelled ANOTHER of my listings. Why?Because I put 'the item is advertised elsewhere and I reserve the right......'They don't like that do they?Wasn't arsed though because I sold it for the full coin off another forum.I've sold about £300 worth of accumulated junk off two 99p starting price ads and my ebay fees total 9 pence. I love it!

They don't like it at all but the daft thing is look how many people put their phone numbers on listings now and nothing seems to be done about it. I don't have a problem with that but I know some people have adverts removed in the ast for including phone numbers.It's all random anyway because eBay don't 'detect' things like suggestions of ending sale early, some two bob muppet will have reported the listing to them and they've removed it.

I have heard some horror stories, a few from this very forum, from where cars don't make expected price but the seller is forced into selling anyway, and they sabotage the car. Loose fuel lines and no brake fluid spring to mind.

Really? Who did that happen to? That's fucking awful.

I have heard some horror stories, a few from this very forum, from where cars don't make expected price but the seller is forced into selling anyway, and they sabotage the car. Loose fuel lines and no brake fluid spring to mind.

Really? Who did that happen to? That's fucking awful.
Thinking harder it may have been a retro-rides member but I recall an incident where someone won a 4x4, a Trooper or summat, dirt cheap. The guy had listed it in spares to save on fees and all that crap, so it made peanuts. Seller tries to back out, finds himself (rightfully) being threatened with legal moves so has to sell. When buyer finally gets the motor it conks out just down the road and it's discovered that all the fuel lines have been sabotaged and there's petrol all over the engine.Summat like that anyway. My memory is rubbish :)I also used to work with a guy who won a Cav GSI on eBay for really daft money, little over scrap. Went to collect, car was there but the guy told him it had been withdrawn and it was an ebay mistake. Cue arguing, seller going mental. Went back to collect it the next day with three very large friends and it was found to have no flexi brake hoses at all (yet it had moved overnight) and all the wheelnuts were loose. So all four of them sat in it whilst another mate turned up with a recovery truck and winched it on sorted.

Had a mate on Migweb who found a Calibra Turbo on ebay for 400 - 500 quid. The engines alone go for over 1k, so this was very, very cheap. Of course, he blabbed on Migweb, even giving the location and the ebay listing.Of course, someone else on the forum saw the opportunity and offered 50 quid more and the car was gone. The seller made up some excuse when the original buyer went down to collect it. The car wasn't there and was long gone anyway.I'll find the thread, it's quite interesting.

My brother once bought a car with no reverse in the title. Having paid for his bargain, he was dismayed to find he couldn't back it off the driveway it was on.

Dyslexic fucker! :lol:

ha ha- nearly pissed mesen laffing at that one :lol::lol::lol:

john :lol:

Sad thing is, he swears that it really did happen! :lol:

Had a mate on Migweb who found a Calibra Turbo on ebay for 400 - 500 quid. The engines alone go for over 1k, so this was very, very cheap. Of course, he blabbed on Migweb, even giving the location and the ebay listing.Of course, someone else on the forum saw the opportunity and offered 50 quid more and the car was gone. The seller made up some excuse when the original buyer went down to collect it. The car wasn't there and was long gone anyway.I'll find the thread, it's quite interesting.

..Interested in reading this if you find it.