Cannock £3 Xmas Blind Roffle! BUY NOW TO GUARANTEE DISSAPOINTMENT

320touring

£140 plus fees (so about £170) and I thought we'd bought it.

Speaking to the fire extinguisher on the back wall later, he was most pleased with his purchase

It was still in the storage area when we left. I think occasionally the old giffer bids stuff up a bit too far and then loses track of which cars got real bids - it'll probably go back through on Tuesday. 

I'm ashamed to admit I paid 15k for a 1997 406 executive in 1998 , it was almost 30k new and I thought I'd nicked it , 2 years later I couldn't give it away.

I also took a 3 year warranty out on it which was spectacular in its ability to not actually cover any of the things that went wrong with it .

That experience has meant any attempt to sell me a warranty since has met with a firm fuck off

I'm so glad I didn't win this one

I think the brief summary is as follows;

320touring suggested, set up and won the raffle with number 19.

The car we thought had been won was sold to a mysterious bidder, not 320touring.

Efforts were made to locate a reserve car, without success.

A poll was posted for charity votes and it was also suggested that the winner selects the charity, now known to be 320touring.

That’s where I’m up to anyhow.........

I think the brief summary is as follows;

320touring suggested, set up and won the raffle with number 19.

The car we thought had been won was sold to a mysterious bidder, not 320touring.

Efforts were made to locate a reserve car, without success.

A poll was posted for charity votes and it was also suggested that the winner selects the charity, now known to be 320touring.

That’s where I’m up to anyhow.........

Ah, that’s where I was up to as well, so it looks like I haven’t missed anything after all. So what is going to happen is the next question I suppose?

If its getting donated I'd prefer it went to a hospice or local charity rather than one of the big ones.

I'm not going to make which one but many years ago my ex brother in law got a job with a national charity , he had to attend a conference in Boston MA , to say he was surprised when it was being held in a 5 star hotel and his tickets were business class was an understatement

He left soon after as they wouldn't let him downgrade the flight because it would affect everybody going

I viewed national charities in a different light after that

I can only echo this. My work has involved me with a few of the larger, well known charities, and it was an eye opener to me to find out how much like a large corporate business their operations and even ethos, were. I don't think it's possible to efficiently run a large charity in any other way, but... I'm still very uneasy with the corporate-style headquarters and the numbers of non 'service user' (read beneficiary)-facing staff, let alone some of their methods for obtaining funding. Perhaps I'm still sore about being charity mugged in London while at work there, and how I dealt with it...

For balance, work I've done with a far smaller charity that receives most if its funding from legacies and bequests was a very positive experience and they are much more likely to benefit on my death.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Had a think about this over night -

I think I'll round it up to £180, and donate £90 to Charity, with the remaining £90 carried forward into an end Jan Roffle pot.

Set at £5 per ticket, we'd have £385 to play with (£90 rollover, £295 from 2nd roffle).

I'll get the donation done later today:)

OMGSNOKAOS here meant running around 'helping' those unable to drive in anything other than perfect conditions so I missed this. Excellent choice on charity - as we're all certifiable to one degree or another........ close to home n all that.

I'll gladly chuff up for a ticket or several next time, purely for the hope* of chundering along back to EU central in a right pile of utter shite. An early heads up for the next attempt would be appreciated..... I'l keep 'em peeled.