How old does my car need to be...

stripped fred

The car I've just bought, a Saab 9-5. It is just over 10 years old. It is an old design though and I don't like pistonheads. It is a bit shite and I've not seen many on the road. Does it count? PS. I'm not asking junkman because I know his answer as it was built after 1986.

I wasn’t suggesting that new cars need to go on pistonheads, just that pistonheads is ‘the section that shouldn’t be named’ :-)

The car I've just bought, a Saab 9-5. It is just over 10 years old. It is an old design though and I don't like pistonheads. It is a bit shite and I've not seen many on the road. Does it count? PS. I'm not asking junkman because I know his answer as it was built after 1986.

If you know the answer, then why do you ask?

The thing that turned me off retro rides was the almost permanent identity crisis over ‘what was retro’ - drove me fucking mad

Fortunately just about any old crap can be autoshite if there are enough (ie 1) other people who have a soft spot for/always liked/has a hankering for whatever it is that you’ve bought

Good car

It was also shite money, £1k and it was broken...

Hang on, I could buy FIVE broken 9-5s for that & have change for a tank of fuel...

Funnily enough I'm deliberating over a cheap, (possibly not) fucked 9-3 dizzla (2003) which hopefully* just needs an EGR clean up. But then part of me is thinking 'too modern'.

So I'm back to looking at 1990s shit heaps where there are less than 25 models on the road.

If the Saab is still available in the morning I may change my mind again