Fucked Maxus £234 Gloucester

Kiltox

Kiltox, Would you consider letting someone like this bloke have a go?

https://www.yell.com/biz/dw-mechanics-gloucester-901600192/

DW Mechanics 7 COSFORD CLOSE KINGSWAY, QUEDGELEY, GLOUCESTER, GL2 2BQ

Tel 01452 729617
Mob 07828 778364

Business overview FULLY QUALIFIED & INSURED MOBILE MECHANIC

I am a Fully Qualified and Insured Vehicle Technician with 20 years experience in the Motor Industry.

I am currently offering a reliable & friendly mobile-mechanical service, based in Kingsway covering Gloucestershire to North Somerset and anywhere in between.

Can't get your car to a garage? No problem, as I can come to you and carry out most services and repairs onsite at your home or place of work, at your convenience.

I also offer a collection and delivery service, should you not wish to have the work carried out at your business or residence.

Experience of most makes & models of cars and commercial vehicles. No job too small.

Please contact me for a FREE no obligation quote.

If I am going to start using this POS one slightly more minor thing I need to fix is that it seems to only be able to send air to the windscreen regardless of what the controls are set to - what’s broken?

Not that it's going to help much if you're getting rid of it anyway, but the heater directional control knob on these is made of cheese - it's actually quite easy though to reach up behind the dash and move the mechanism by hand, although at this time of year having the air going to the screen is probably the best setting to have it stuck on.

Sometimes better to bail.

I should have done it years ago on some of my cars and hence why I've just scrapped off three in the last fortnight.

Can't recall what you paid but take the £230 odd quid and be done before you sink £500 into it and still only get £230 for it.

Shame on many ways but they're hardly a rare van, of you really want another one in the future there will still be loads about I'm certain!!!

Question is would you?

They weren't exactly awesome new, go for something Japanese and be done, Toyota hiace are good trucks, the new Toyota citreon based ones are dreadful according to my mate who works for Toyota, one failed on 100 PDI items the other day and was of course rejected.

I did enjoy my Nissan Vanette but it had started to rot although it did live it's life in Scotland.

Solution, buy an ldv cub, Jap can work a British badge !!!

Vanettes and Cubs did have a reputation for lunching head gaskets though. Agree about the HiAce, mine's been utterly bulletproof but consequently, they do hold their money and they come with all the comfort and finesse of walking.

Before the HiAce, I bought an ex lease Peugeot Expert 1.9d non turbo. That thing cost nothing to run, nothing much broke on it. I gave it to a mate years later, who got one of his mates to drive all the way home from London to Harare!

the new Toyota citreon based ones are dreadful according to my mate who works for Toyota, one failed on 100 PDI items the other day and was of course rejected.

That's one of the biggest vehicular "WTF?" moments I've had over the last few years.  Why on earth would Toyota want to ruin what's left of their reputation for building reliable vans by sticking their badge on something cobbled together by a Frenchman and with a 1.6 HDI under the bonnet?

Mind you, Merc have stuck their badge on a diesel Renault so maybe everyone knows something I don't.

Shame really feel for you. Big hit to take in a short time.  Mate had an old Transit that was hard to start. He wired in a switch to he could preheat the glowplugs before he turned the key. Lasted him years like that. He only just got rid last year and now rents a van, he was fed up with the welding every year.

'06 isn't old, although as it's a Maxus it's definitely shit.

My Boxer was 06 and after hiring a couple of brand new vans recently I can confirm that 06 may as well be 96, the boxer while it would 100 it let you know it was doing it, a far cry to the Vauxhall vivaro I had a couple of weeks ago, not only this ruddy Vauxhall returned 50MPG. I never got close to that in my boxer- more like 30 maybe 35 on a run. 

It’s going tomorrow afternoon.

I went to look at a much newer van for sale at a dealer this morning but it was a proper bomb site place, didn’t even get out of the car.

Think I’ll just hire a van when I need one as much of a pain it is.

Enterprise you can pick up a LWB sprinter for £35 a day (booked a week in advance) been very useful the last few weeks.