Fucked Maxus £234 Gloucester

Kiltox

Google diagnostics - I love it !

Agree with the sentiment, but sometimes it's google diagnostics or parts darts, and the former is cheaper!  I have the dubious pleasure of working on a fellow autoshiteist's Fiat Multipla JTD.  Two problems this year; firstly non-starting but no fault code. Second time limp mode and many codes.  Each time local garage given first crack of the whip but couldn't suggest anything other than randomly replacing parts.  Both times a couple of hours on the internet has led me to a likely conclusion which has fixed the problem, although you do need to wade through loads of "it's the egr mate" type posts to find useful nuggets of information.

Right. Hooked it up to the mighty Duster with jump leads and cycled the glow plugs 4 times. (Was armed with some hairspray in case it was going to keep fighting me)

Started up with a bit of clag.

Took it out for a drive - still slow as fuck and now the EML is on. Definitely in limp mode.

Going to go and try to find my Delphi kit tomorrow.

Is the battery in fine health ?

If it started with a jump then sounds like it hasn't enough reserve juice to power everything while cranking.

Braved the cold long enough to have a look underneath - think I’ve found the location of the two sensors I have fault codes for but I couldn’t concentrate long enough lying in an ice cold slushy puddle to actually do anything.

Is that the EGR on a pipe near the floor behind the bumper?!

I couldn't recall ever driving one of these until the picture of the fake wood dash was shown here.

Then I remembered the sorry pile of shit Maxus camper van I drove a while back (it had that fake wood crap)

I can't say I agree much with the people that say they drive well. This one was low mileage and well together but just felt slow, old and tired with a very sloppy gear change.

I suppose that the underwhelming power could have well been caused by the tonne of polyester and chipboard kitting the back out..

Just been reading the history of these https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDV_Maxus and it's quite interesting. Co development between ldv and Daewoo and GM had shares in it too, but was also owned by russian manufacturer GAZ too. Also that engine is used in quite a few cars with different power ratings too,cm engine too made by fiat, can be remapped to 155 bhp too, which would be flippin mental in a van like this. Also won quite a few awards including van of the year. Interesting reading.