Fucked Maxus £234 Gloucester

Kiltox

The lwb high top crew van I had was a right flier but it had two big problems,

1. The gearstick was like trying to stir a bucket of bricks.

2. Once you own it then it's pretty much impossible to sell, took me months and months to sell and even then it was nearly given away, was in good nick and low milage too.

Maxus you say. Here is one I snapped (and was briefly a passenger in) at the Swindon Royal Mail sorting office. I was there picking up a 67-plate Peugeot Partner RM van.

20171115_103543.jpg

Royal Mail still seem to have a fair few of these hanging around their yards, usually in a state of disrepair (flat tyres/mould growing around the parking spot/very sun faded RM-related bumf in the dash still etc...)

Birmingham City CLOWNcil had a few of them in thier fleet when I worked there a couple of years ago. Never drove it properly myself as I always got given bloody Transit Connects or Fiesta Vans, plus the Maxus eventually got bashed by another inexperienced driver. I really want to try one out properly.

Ok I’m nosy, we’re they defleeting a 67 plate already or bought too many and weren’t going to use them so sold them on?

Arnold Clark had quite a few of these in their rental fleet around 2008 and they weren’t limited, loads of space but utterly awful cheap nasty interior.

I also remember the one we hired was a year old just, and had a scrape on NSR corner which was rusty as fuck already. Do these rust badly normally?

Ps well done Kiltox, you managed to find something worse than a 1.6 HDi engined Fix It Again Tony. Although I’ve said time and again the later 1.6 HDis from the mk3 Focus onwards were modified I think to help try and prevent the issues with the older ones, something about gauze oil pick up pipes removed or something? Old mans Mondeo has 90k on it now and touch wood it’s fine, but has Ford main dealer history religiously every 12,500 Miles (although being a tightwad taxi driver he’s doubled the service intervals to 25,000 which it hasn’t had a shit fit about yet) and the Mrs has a Grand Cmax with same engine but not start/stop econetic bollocks like the Mondeo and it gets loads of short journeys and never fully warmed up and it’s been fine for 4 years since new although has only done 25k.

Must say if I had a van that should do 100 but only did 75 I would find that upsetting even though I wouldn't wanna drive it over 65ish

I have no idea "how fast it'll do, Missta!".. Carina II >> never likely to find out.....

My experience, in all [few occasions] I've had to 'go warp factor' because of evolving Inbredds/Interface scenarios  :shock:  >>

>> ... It can get out of the way of its own arse!!  :mrgreen:

TS