Morris Minor Help

500tops

Been offered a Morris Minor pickup. It has been stored since the late 70s/early 80s. Now it is very unmessed with, but the original owner has since passed on. Some work was started on it many years ago, but didn't really progress. Thing is the number plates are still attached but there is no visible VIN - believe me I have checked. Everywhere! No documents of any description, no tax discs or anything. I have run the number through the DVLA tax check and there's no record. The Grandson of the original owner tells me the number plates are original to the vehicle, but the lack of a VIN or any documentation is a real stumbling block.

Anyone have any bright ideas? I looked into trying to obtain a heritage certificate but the requires a VIN. The pickup was originally registered in the Stoke-on-Trent area (VT plate).

Thanks for reading.

If you can narrow down the month of manufacture and have the engine number, body number and original Wilmot Breeden / Union key number you can make an appointment at Gaydon and go through the ledgers until you find yours. BMC didn't built that many Pick Ups compared to saloons.

What year Minor is it? Late ones had a massive plate on the drivers door iirc.

There should be a body number on the bulkhead - stamped into the metal, not a tag plate.   Hard to read usually and even harder to find but armed with that you should be able to get an email enquiry (fee £5) answered by British Motor Industry Heritage Trust.   This won't in itself be accepted by DVLA but will indicate if its worth carrying on to get a full Heritage Cert (£25) which will be acceptable.  

Give the Morris Minor forums a trawl, they like a pick-up on there and will be willing to help....