Still not fixed, take it away for cheaps (W202 content)

J-T

With this one, does it have the "bastard" bolt that you have to access from below, which holds the manifold/EGR unit into the pipe up from the intercooler? (IE do you have to have the car up on ramps/stands to get the manifold on and off again?)

If I didn't have a plethora of broken vehicles to sort, or the weather wasn't COCKING COLD, I'd have this off you in a heartbeat.

If you were closer, I'd come and fix it for you..

Edit.. also, you can run the starter on these for over a minute at a time, with minimal cool-down periods. I've cranked the life out of an OM606 before now, going from fully-charged battery to low-voltage dropout in one go. The starters are ridiculously over-engineered.

No, intake manifold is probably a 15 min job at most (I'm going to put it back on, I just couldn't face doing anything else on it when I wrote that :-D). And it's a good job about the starter, I'm surprised it hasn't melted by now.

I should not ask this, but further to my "I would buy this if....." post above..

How low is a cheeky low offer?

It's currently at £310 on ebay 2 days left to run, so about that to anyone on here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-C250-Turbodiesel-Elegance-W202-OM605-Spares-or-Repairs-Export/222862613049?hash=item33e3a59a39:g:lOEAAOSwz2VamFuo

There's a guy who asked how much to buy it so I said £400 and he asked to collect it tonight. I asked how he was going to move it and his plan was...get a train up from Norfolk 'you can help me fit intake manifold, I fill filter with diesel and make it run, or if not lend me your tools, and I keep trying'. Errrrm, no. I don't mind someone fiddling with it if they turn up with an A frame or whatever and actually have the capacity to remove it if they fail, but that takes the piss!

There's another guy who would like me to 'get it running and send me a video, otherwise I cannot bid on it'. If I could do that it wouldn't fucking be on there you fucknugget.

AAAARRRGH :?

No, intake manifold is probably a 15 min job at most (I'm going to put it back on, I just couldn't face doing anything else on it when I wrote that :-D). And it's a good job about the starter, I'm surprised it hasn't melted by now.

It's currently at £310 on ebay 2 days left to run, so about that to anyone on here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-C250-Turbodiesel-Elegance-W202-OM605-Spares-or-Repairs-Export/222862613049?hash=item33e3a59a39:g:lOEAAOSwz2VamFuo

There's a guy who asked how much to buy it so I said £400 and he asked to collect it tonight. I asked how he was going to move it and his plan was...get a train up from Norfolk 'you can help me fit intake manifold, I fill filter with diesel and make it run, or if not lend me your tools, and I keep trying'. Errrrm, no. I don't mind someone fiddling with it if they turn up with an A frame or whatever and actually have the capacity to remove it if they fail, but that takes the piss!

There's another guy who would like me to 'get it running and send me a video, otherwise I cannot bid on it'. If I could do that it wouldn't fucking be on there you fucknugget.

AAAARRRGH :?

The first geezer will be Polish. The second is just a twat.

The joy of selling old cars on Ebay. Christ!  :mad:

A man just collected this. Managed to get it started after much crankage so it drove on to his trailer under its own steam. Bit of a shame to admit defeat with it really but we're having loads of work done at the house at the moment and it was getting in the way and all my spare time is taken up for at least the next 2 months with house stuff so it just wasn't going to happen.