With the impeding delivery of my Aprilia I have little space in my crowded garage. And I realise I just don't have the time to sort out the CZ 250 I have had and barely touched.
I bought it so I could ride it down to see my mates in the Czech Republic two years ago, but being busy I had no time to do the few jobs it needed done (I used my 125 Yamaha scooter instead).
I bought it as a runner with MOT, but it leaked smoke from the exhaust gaskets. The owner had rebuilt it with new bearings and stuff (no proof of this, but from our discussions about it, I had no reason to doubt him).
Registered in 1983, its generally in good condition, with very good alloy engine casings and wheel rims, all of which will polish up nicely if that's your bag. Few of issues to sort
- Heads need tightening down as they leak, (but I got new head gaskets Included)
- Leak at the barrel/exhaust joins (new gaskets included)
- No key for the steering lock (can be drilled out so you don't lock it accidentally)
- Had to break the seat lock to get the rusted seat off
- Not 100% sure that the indicators work-simple wiring though.
- Tank a little bit rusty inside, but this is Czech built, so the steel is good and thick.
On the plus side it comes with a good seat with decent base and cover. Fitted a really cheap 6v battery about 18 months ago that still has a charge in it. Tyres are good, brakes are bloody horrible, but that's how they were from new. 13,500 miles on the clock, but God only knows if that is right. Spares are easy to get hold of from Czech Republic, and are cheap. A steering and seat lock are about £4 each
I really would like it to go to someone on here, as I'd hate to stick it on ebay so open to offers -if no one buys it outright, maybe a roffle? Photos I took today will follow seem to be having trouble attaching them.