Merc W124 BOGOF

doug

post-4025-0-84293400-1512313436_thumb.jpg

Best time of year to sell a car. So here goes.

Buy one get one free, (spares or brave repairs)

The one in the above pic is mot till Sept 2018. Good condition, not much rust. Wheel arches good. Radio not working.Air con not working. Water leak into the boot that I have failed to fix. New boot seal, RTV on the rear lights. RTV around rear window and still it leaks.Heater blower fan noisy but sort of works.

£600

Plus the one on the left for spares as well. Needs welded at the rear end, not really sure what is required.

post-4025-0-66972500-1512314498_thumb.jpg

Best I could do is collect you from Glasgow/Edinburgh airport or train station.

A kind offer and a great deal but logistics and an imminent holiday rule me out. I would definitely take the second car for parts but hauling it across two countries is simply not feasible.

A kind offer and a great deal but logistics and an imminent holiday rule me out. I would definitely take the second car for parts but hauling it across two countries is simply not feasible.

If the spares car runs , it won't need hauling. Just 2 Easyjet one way tickets on 2 different days ( 2nd one with number plate size hand luggage...

For the more discerning shiter; it's correctly engined having cylinders in excess of 4, but does it have junkman-approved transmission?

Agreed.

The main reason for selling my E220 was that the engine was rough and the car was too slow. A 300E has an M103 engine, the same as fitted to W126 300SEs. I had one of those years ago, great car and power plant.

Has to be a bargain. I use mine as my everyday car, they are quite happy doing that. I know I will regret saying so, but all mine has needed outside a service this last 12months has been a pair of tie rods and the tracking setting up afterwards.

It’s also really, really, fun when you out accelerate modern BMWs ( in 3rd gear in an automatic!)

mine has the later 24v engine, but the 300 goes on forever without any problems as long as you regard the distributor as a yearly service item.

It’s a lovely engine; a real lazy old school slogger. They make a wolf cry when provoked too.

I shouldn’t have sold it really, but the lure of a launch Rover 75 that I could run daily on a 100 mile commute was too much to resist.

Indeed - straight sixes howl when provoked. It’s fabulous!

I sold this to Bourneidentity-I liked it but it was unused and as such things started to stop working. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as it was such a lovely car to waft abound in, I should have kept it as my daily.

GLWTS-I am absolutely sure the next owner will love it too.

It’s a lovely engine; a real lazy old school slogger. They make a wolf cry when provoked too.

I shouldn’t have sold it really, but the lure of a launch Rover 75 that I could run daily on a 100 mile commute was too much to resist.

I agree that 100 miles a day at 26mpg is a little self indulgent! I bought mine in 2012 ( for my 40th birthday ) and the First time I filled up it was £1.40a litre! I have a history of buying cars in fuel crises. I’d just bought my first CX in 1999 and the lorry drivers started protesting when I think it was 85p a litre. Thankfully that had an extra large PO spec tank.