Stanky's Geep - fire sale

Stanky

I do have a new fuel tank for the Locost as the old one suffers from starvation on hard cornering. Not a problem you're likely to see...

The old one will be available for beer money when I eventually get round to changing it but that could be,err, a while...

Wouldn't hurt to fill the Nikki with some fresh pez

Plan is to get a new/new to me battery then reassemble the solent shiters to fill the carb with pez and see if we can't get it to fire - even run for just 10 seconds on the contents of the bowl of the carb will be a huge step forward.

If we can do that, then its onto the brakes.

Question is - is the Jago the shitest kit car? I can't think of a more worthy candidate unless anyone knows better?

Omg, just about every kit car I can think of was shittier than the jago jeep...

Let's start with uglier

Gentlemen, I give you...

The magenta

89c051497c616598d818b50304a81fd5.jpg

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Good on you for doing something more ambitious than my 'strategy' of pulling it to bits and going on holiday!!!!

Got to be honest those leaf springs anchored to the rear bumper and shiny red pez tank hanging out the back like a big square prolapsed 'udder' are too much for me but it certainly has a good old-fashioned Filby-era kit car vibe which is something that should defo be preserved for future generations of scratters and DVLA-tormentors.

Crude photoshop aside, I think I fixed it. Or made it less bad at least.

Before:

post-19706-0-80624200-1512873788.jpg

After:

attachicon.gifJago Geep.jpg

Definitely better!

The common light 'upgrade' for kit cars in the 80s was the ubiquitous caravan and trailer board Pentalight, and to be fair, it wasn't a bad looking unit - no real attempt at styling but provided all five functions in one unit. Considerably larger than what is on there, but there's quite an acreage of GRP tailboard to play with...

Damned if I can even find a pic of one now...

Massive soft spot for your jeep already. Well keen to see it wheezing back into life really soon! Don't let me hold you up...

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

So, I had a look at the pez tank today through the 'access hatch' in the rear floor. Its held in with about 12 nuts and bolts through a cradle thing - but undoing them will mean the tank falls out the bottom - there are no straps or anything.

My plan is to undo the jubilee clip holding the filler hose joiner section and take it off, then drop the tank - do an initial pass with a load of gravel and warm water, then a second pass with boiling water and whats left of a bag of soda crystals, then a final go with just plain water.

Not 100% sure on how best to dry it out afterwards though. Domestic management will flip if it comes inside, its too big to fit in the oven - would it be viable to connect it up to the outlet pipe of the tumble dryer, whack that on for ~30 mins blasting just hot air through the fuel tank?