Stanky's Geep - fire sale

Stanky

It looks like circumstances may dictate this be moved on. Is there any interest here?

I'd like some money for it, to reflect the effort put in and parts I've bought.

It starts, runs, stops, lights up but has various shortcomings. I plan to attend to a few things before it leaves, securing the battery properly being main among them.

Sad face. What the hell is going on with registering it though? Will have a massive impact on someone taking it on..

Impossible to register as it stands under current regulations.

Bumpers need radius for a start, and there are many other hoops to jump.

If someone has documents there maybe ways round it.

Would be ideal for anyone who has one with accident damage.

I have expressed a desire for the rear axle only, but it's miles away.

Impossible to register as it stands under current regulations.

Bumpers need radius for a start, and there are many other hoops to jump.

If someone has documents there maybe ways round it.

Would be ideal for anyone who has one with accident damage.

I have expressed a desire for the rear axle only, but it's miles away.

Sadly I fear this is the case. It needs to meet IVA standards which are a massive set of hoops to jump through.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/iva-manual-for-vehicle-category-m1

If you found one festering somewhere on a Q plate then you could "ring" it, I'm not going to open that can of worms though...

I'd like a few hundred to cover the work I've put into it, though this may be optimistic as its basically just a toy unless you are willing to work around the registration issues. Its a lot more viable a prospect now than it was when we collected it certainly, but I'm not able to make the final leap to getting it onto the queens highway.

If anyone would like to suggest an amount they'd be willing to pay for it, or even what they think its worth without wanting to buy it I'm all ears. I'd like to see it go to someone else on the forum, or be used as intended, but if you buy it from me and break for parts I'd completely understand. There is a good grand in parts for someone willing to do some dismantling - a running 1600cc crossflow, 4 speed gearbox, XR2i seats, short-ratio back axle, and 5x Wheller wheels would be a days work to remove, then weigh the rest in and you'd reap north of £1000 on ebay easily. Mally has a firm offer for the back axle already if you can remove it and get it to him. I think someone else was very interested in the seats for their Mk1 Fiesta because they tilt and slide.

I can't bring myself to break it frankly.

Has it got Jago on the V5?

As to the Jagos present value I'd say £500 max, but I'd pay much less even if it was in the field next door.

Fibreglass is difficult to dispose of, and costs a fortune in jigsaw blades unless its November 5th.

Do the Jago Owners club do Roffles?

Edit, just realised they probably don't have 59 members.

Lee will know.

Problem with getting it registered is when it was designed you just needed an MOT.

Now everything on it has to comply with current regs, which are very strict.

It is worth money to the right person, if you can find him.

But even then he will pay less than I offered for the axle.