Cheap (sub £1500) van req’d

Kiltox

I've had a roll about in the snow and got some more photos.

post-5582-0-47387800-1512232304_thumb.jpgpost-5582-0-36377200-1512232611_thumb.jpg

The steps are solid.

The underside is not bad at all. The mot tester was quite impressed saying he had seen much worse transit that were 10 years younger.post-5582-0-21073000-1512232700_thumb.jpg

I had to weld a couple of patches on the chassis rails but it wasn't rusted through. It was like the first layer of steel had corroded. There's an advisory for non structural corrosion.

When I first got it, just over a year ago, I had plans to tidy up the bodywork. Of course, it never happened.post-5582-0-68351000-1512232849_thumb.jpg

It drives very well and hasn't given me any reason to think it wouldn't go the length of the country. It hasn't turned a wheel in the last fortnight and has been very cold up here so I had to give the battery a wee boost but it started first turn on a charged battery. I've had the battery on charge all day , took it off the charger half an hour ago and drove it onto my ramp*.

I'll see if the battery starts it in the morning and if not I'll stick another one on.

The most annoying thing is the door locking. It locks with the key, the back door unlocks with the fob and I can't get the side door to unlock at all. The side door is also not closing correctly which is probably why it won't unlock. It's like it's on the first catch.

It went through a phase of not unlocking and needed to be unlocked from the inside, now it won't unlock at all.

The van does lock, but only the back door unlocks so you have to reach through from the back to unlock the driver's door. A pest if the back is full of stuff. I didn't bother locking it as I didn't keep anything valuable in there.