Council.. Bastids..

uk_senator

Didnt have time to go today, I`m just going to have something to eat, then I`m going there with a tyre pump, a large bottle of water & this (now) laminated A4 sign I just printed emphasising its fully legal & not abandoned to put on it:

Good work, looking at the pictures of the car it appears to be very sound under all the grime, I still can’t get my head around how this situation has arisen, if the car wasn’t legal I could understand it.

Good work, looking at the pictures of the car it appears to be very sound under all the grime, I still can’t get my head around how this situation has arisen, if the car wasn’t legal I could understand it.

Just because it's road legal doesn't mean it isn't abandoned.

In the same way that if it's not road legal it doesn't follow that it *is* abandoned.

It *looks* abandoned and I'll guarantee you that whoever stuck the notice on it, didn't check to see if it was taxed, insured and MoT'd first.

FWIW I can get all the classic car mags foaming about it if the council were daft enough to lift it. 

Would be happy to let the competition know if it stops an old car hitting the scales. 

Bit off topic sorry but any word on the Standard i read about in the classic papers, was it saved? Think it was scrapped against a transit up north from memory?

Bit off topic sorry but any word on the Standard i read about in the classic papers, was it saved? Think it was scrapped against a transit up north from memory?

Depends if you believe all the piss and spin that PC put out on social media.

They claim they "saved" it which, in my eyes, is only partly true.  They saved it from becoming white goods, but it will never turn another wheel on a public highway.  Neither will the headphones or iPhone sat next to me, neither of which are a car.  So, as far as I'm concerned, it is also not a car now.

I should say that I very much enjoy PC, but this isn't a victory.

Well, I`ve done what I can, still didnt manage to track down the owner.

Both front tyres punctured & rears not much better (they are perished, but could have been deliberate), so just given it a rinse over & sign put on as best as I could (with my number offering help if they are struggling to deal with it). We`ll see what happens...

Hopefully the councils dropped it.

post-3844-0-30613300-1512058066_thumb.jpg

post-3844-0-10539500-1512058106_thumb.jpg

post-3844-0-18019300-1512058150_thumb.jpg

post-3844-0-40267000-1512058198_thumb.jpg

post-3844-0-67194000-1512058221_thumb.jpg

Can see the council lifting it, crushing it then allowing you to appeal the decision. That’s the bizarre way they work.

I once applied to the council for a lock up, the system was you wasn’t allowed to know how many people were on the wait list for a site, bearing in mind there were several sites close to one another. You had to join it, then in a week or two you’d be added to the list, there could be 2 or 200 people on the list you weren’t told either way. By bizarre twist of fate I ended up getting to the top of a list, got offered the garage, went to sign for it and then told I couldn’t have it because they were demolishing the site, they couldn’t tell me this beforehand though because you had to be on the list to know information like that. With logic like that it’s no surprise they’ve got no money.

Well, I`ve done what I can, still didnt manage to track down the owner.

Both front tyres punctured & rears not much better (they are perished, but could have been deliberate), so just given it a rinse over & sign put on as best as I could (with my number offering help if they are struggling to deal with it). We`ll see what happens...

Hopefully the councils dropped it.

You're my new hero!

I hate bully authorities too. The problem is anyone who gets to control policy in such places is always exactly the sort of person who shouldn't be allowed to do such things.

Yep, & that extends right up to the top (see Londons emission zone, which was initially (& correctly) aimed at old diesels pumping out carcinogenic particulates, but now we`re looking at a blanket ban on anything pre-2006 which isnt classed as "historic").

They dont ask scientists, they just see the potential profit they can make if they make it sound moral..

Coming to a city near you, soon...