What

Tamworthbay

For the Multipla you want MutilECUscan and either a £5 blue VCDS cable (cheap, can do engine) or a elm + adaptors (more expensive, can do airbags ABS etc etc)

Either of those needs to be used with a windows PC so may not be of use if you just want something to pick up to knock the light off while you're on holiday.

• 2 months later...

Hi Shitters.

I have been wondering recently, after scrolling for months through never-ending autotrader pages and settling on a set of requirements for my next sub-grand shitbox, how bad will a £700-£900 Jag X-type AWD be?

Should I really consider one? They fit the bill in all other regards and there are a lot going very cheaply...

Hi Shitters.

I have been wondering recently, after scrolling for months through never-ending autotrader pages and settling on a set of requirements for my next sub-grand shitbox, how bad will a £700-£900 Jag X-type AWD be?

Should I really consider one? They fit the bill in all other regards and there are a lot going very cheaply...

They only owner of an x type awd i ever met in person (and later in court in Kemp vs Jackson which was won by a mild mannered astra driving New POD) was a cunt.

It was a few years ago now 2003 iirc and the twat drove like a twat.

A small scuff on his rear arch cost £800 to repair. These days you probably would not claim.

I Reckon a good one is probably as good as a 4x4 mondeo.

Thanks. I thought the stereotype was doddery middle aged to old men with grey hair, not that there's anything wrong with that, but those who drive to the golf course then the pub... Anyway I'm sure there are the idiots it there.

Can your get a 4x4 Mondeo? If so that would join the wish list. I quite like the Legacy and the Skoda 4x4, and especially the Volvo ones that aren't Cross Country.

I need to get a new jigsaw. I've had a green Bosch for a few years, and its showing signs of the abuse that I've dished out. I'm prepared to pay for a good one, but the reviews seem all over the place.

I was considering a blue Bosch, but the reviews for dewalt seem to favour that. Any serial jigsaw abusers on here care to offer an opinion?

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

I need to get a new jigsaw. I've had a green Bosch for a few years, and its showing signs of the abuse that I've dished out. I'm prepared to pay for a good one, but the reviews seem all over the place.

I was considering a blue Bosch, but the reviews for dewalt seem to favour that. Any serial jigsaw abusers on here care to offer an opinion?

I got an Aldi one after getting fed trying to work out what to go for. It has had months of abuse and it still works. Power wise it was fine even on 40mm worktop which I didn’t expect. I expected to kill it if I am honest and then get a good one but if that ever happens I will just get another.

Festool

I can't afford Festool so use Dewalt 18v kit, I have an Aldi or Lidl one that was surprisingly ok (I wouldn't go as far as to say good)

TBH the only thing I use a jigsaw for is scribing skirting boards for internal corners and occasionally cutouts on worktops where I can't use a circular saw and finish with handsaw or router depending on if it will be visible or not.

Any tool I buy now tends to be Makita. I've never had one that's bad quality.

My Jigsaw is a cheap Skil and the blade doesn't cut straight up and down at all. I still use it as it works, but I'm seriously considering changing it to one that is better quality.

I think I've asked before but failed with the search function, dashcam recommendations please, Dave numbers had good things to say about the one he had when he posted footage from it / anybody remember what thread or camera?

I bought a cheap ‘HD’ one from eBay it worked most of the time but the picture quality was never HD even though the file sizes were masssive. I then bought a Mio one with GPS, this is real HD and the picture quality is excellent. It has already paid for itself as a moron drifted across my lane on a contra flow and punted a traffic cone at my car. It happened in a blink of an eye but I was able to get his reg from the camera.

So my advice buy a decent brand name one don’t mess around with eBay specials.

Check out Techmoan, he does dashcam reviews (although a lot of folk are pointing out they're more commercial than before).

We got an Aukey DR02D (the dual version) off his review, it's a really nice unit. Even better, there was a fault on the original so served Amazon's returns, contacted Aukey and a new one arrived the next day. Really nice quality images and videos.

I've also got a Transcend 200 with WiFi, it's a bit bulkier but again it's 1080p and a really nice quality output. Had it three years and it's still going strong.

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about getting a compressor but because it's probably only going to get used for powering a spray attachment to fire gunk like wax oil and stuff under vehicles, I don't need anything too fandango. But, as with so much else in this context, I'm utterly clueless and really don't know where to start. School me! I need to know what power rating i need, and what budget and makes etc. Cheers guys.

Thinking about getting a compressor but because it's probably only going to get used for powering a spray attachment to fire gunk like wax oil and stuff under vehicles, I don't need anything too fandango. But, as with so much else in this context, I'm utterly clueless and really don't know where to start. School me! I need to know what power rating i need, and what budget and makes etc. Cheers guys.

Lidl advertising compressors for £79:99 on Sunday 16th, plus various air tools.

I think I've asked before but failed with the search function, dashcam recommendations please, Dave numbers had good things to say about the one he had when he posted footage from it / anybody remember what thread or camera?

if you look at the ones that aldi selling recently they are nextbase with generic aldi type branding

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...