Solent shiters

Squire_Dawson

Calling Solent shiters!

Anybody fancy a meet? Will be in Gosport for 3 weeks so have two weekends where I'm doing nothing, viz. 2-3 Dec. and 9-10 Dec. There doesn't seem to be much on at this time of the year, but it looks like there's a car boot at Waterlooville on Sunday 3rd December - might be worth a shot? http://www.carbootsales.org/car_boot_sales/hampshire.html

Is anybody interested or has suggestions? Please don't all rush at once!

I can;t do the 3rd, at least not in the afternoon, but the 2nd, 9th and 10th are all clear, subject to dates for some surgery I'm due to have. I'll know by this coming wednesday when that is going to be booked though.

WRT things to do, we could do a scrapyard raid at Silverlake Botley, perhaps followed by some food and a warm fire at a local pub? Car boot sounds good too - there is one local to me in Bridgemary school on sunday mornings. I've not been for ages but it is usually well attended with purveyors of tat.

Yup, I'm just south of Arundel, between it & the sea.

The Fontwell boot fair has died but the Ford market, 4 miles further east on the wartime airfield adjacent the Open a Prison, is booming.

Held on the Concrete runways ( so never cancelled because of inclement weather) it's a large boot fair Thursday's & Saturday's, a smaller ( but growing) Boot Fair & New dross market Sunday's.

Free to enter with easy obvious parking on the primarily unused Western end of the runway.

And you'd be welcome at mine if I'm there, but I just can't guarantee that.

I'm in a Belgium hospital undergoing a spot of treatment for bone cancer, after my left leg fell to bits, hopefully due out soon but can't be certain. I'm in/ out like a fiddlers elbow right now - really inconvenient and making life really difficult to plan.

If I am " out", you're welcome ( although Lord knows why cos there are barely double figures there right now) or I'd be happy to pop out in something ludicrous. May need to be an auto..

Probably too Far East for the majority though? An hour from Soton, about 40 mins from Pompey..

I'm ok, kinda lucky that I can continue working/ functioning from a hospital bed.

Ford markets an increasingly busy place as Xmas descends, but it's pretty busy all year round. Some of the Traders drive down from London, do it just be worth it.

Easy to find (BN18 0FL) because there's an original Hawker Hunter perched as Gate Guardian on a tall pole adjacent the Eastern entrance. Unmissable, it's a kinda 9-12 Sunday market. Officially till 3, but it's over by drinking time.

I've never looked for die cast, but there's often plenty around. I ( sadly) prefer full size!

Google Earth the place. It is large.

Unlikely to have that much of a long lead on that weekend as it is quite a trek from mine and there is no doubt domestic stuff to do.

However, carry on with arrangements to suit others and I will get there whichever day if I can.........

Its an early start and pack up down there though!

Right, can I strongarm any of you lot over to Fareham to help recover my new "purchase" to Stanky_Towers and evaluate how serious a mistake I have made? The chap I got it from needs it gone ASAP and I need some willing assistants. I will provide biscuits, tea and am willing to be used as an example to your nearest and dearest when the conversation gets around to your unhealthy automotive interests - you are each permitted three uses of

"you think I'm bad, well this guy I know has just taken on a part-finished, non running, unregistered car made by a stranger in a shed from plastic and rotten plywood"

which is guaranteed* to get you off the hook for whatever misdemenaor you have been accused of.