Duvet

Joloke

The buyer has no input and doesn't even need to know how you notify the DVLA. Just fill the relevant bits of the logbook in as if you were going to post it, then when you get home just do it online using the new keeper info on your bit of the V5.

My problem is I never destroy the old logbook afterwards and I've a got a file of old logbooks for cars I no longer own!

I'll keep an eye on this, as I will need to do the same. Only more complicated. I'm a buyer (another car), and both the seller and the car are in Romania, and I'll be registering the car in Romania.

DVLA would probably go into meltdown if you phoned them with That sort of problem

You can do it from your phone from 7am to 7pm seven days a week now.

Just google ‘Tell DVLA you’ve bought, sold or transferred a vehicle” then do it as you hand the keys over.

It’s really self explanatory on there, will take you a couple of minutes at most and once it’s done, it’s timed exactly so if he then pulls out of the station car park and triggers an anpr, it’ll come back to his doorstep,

Well, the car is here since May, bought by a friend of mine. Still on UK plates, but on SORN. It's waiting it's turn in changing it from RHD to LHD. Don't worry, it's not a sought-after modell.

I don't know if you can notify export online, you may have to do that by post to get the export papers you'll possibly need to register there.

I don't know if you can notify export online, you may have to do that by post to get the export papers you'll possibly need to register there.

Bulgaria officially you need the full v5, although many manage with just the small new keeper part

Depends on how the inspecting official is feeling at that moment....

EU sale/transfers will need at least the front part (1-8 ) of the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate. You give that part away and write a nice letter to the DVLA (sometimes with the export slip, the DVLA flip flopped on this advice over the years) to say you've got shot of it to Name/Address on such a time/date.

It's vastly quicker than the postal system - plus the DVLA then can't lose the paper you send them - which they've done with half of the last four I've sent them.  Including one out of two that were in the same envelope when we moved house.  Both the Saab and Skoda had the forms sent in for the change of address, sent together recorded delivery...I got a V5 back for the Saab, yet they denied all knowledge of having had one for the Skoda.  Ended up costing me £25 to sort their mistake.  Next one was a normal change of keeper, the first of which I knew of having gone astray was when I started getting the tax reminder letters.

Used the online system to notify them of the sale of my Skoda last week, and the new keeper had the V5 about 48 hours later...I was well impressed.