All-agro, anyone want one?

uk_senator

So after him putting a big post up on the Allegro page asking what it was worth and on the retro caravan page and then telling everyone that he had left a deposit on it and was buying it he's bailed out on the sale and not even bothered turning up.

What's wrong with people?

Exactly. He phoned him, started trying to knock the price down, & made arrangements to come on Monday.. He didnt bother calling again.

Muppet.

I thought the video was longer than this.. I probably touched the screen with my hand as I was doing it.

Anyway, it runs beautifully, it didnt start `ok` then immediately start hunting, it started cleanly, ran at about 1000rpm on choke, carried on running smoothly & cleanly. He pushed the choke in after about 90 seconds & it dropped to a smooooth 750rpm.

I was really impressed with it, ran as well as any modern injected motor.

It's a very poor show when a Gentleman who keeps a car in such fine order is rewarded by exposure to twats.

I'm so very tempted, but can't offer appropriate standing.

+1 I could perhaps rustle up just over 1k but would mean selling the twingo as apparently we don't need 'all these bloody cars'  

I showed my other half this. Her reaction? "Ewww that's ugly."

I keep coming back to this and can't decide if I like Allegro's or if I'm just drawn to it for its low mileage and minty freshness. Also I keep telling myself not to buy cars that haven't done many miles for years, ignore it and then end up having a whole load of fixing+spending to do.

Finally it's coming up to the best time to buy a bargain car - end of December and early January, when most (sane?) people have priorities elsewhere. Hence if I buy this, I will be over my limit (thus need storage) and do I really want to buy and get stuck with a car (till Easter) that I'm not sure that I want.

Cause what I really want right now is a Dolomite. Longer term a Sprint, but short term something much cheaper to learn the peculiarities and practice spannering on (without worrying screwing it up expensively).

However someone really does need to get this bought and onto here.