Live Collection of Unsaleable car.

BorniteIdentity

Some fair and valid points made here about the photos.  It seems that you have to go to greater effort to sell cheaper cars than the dearer stuff.  Fair enough - if them's the rules, them's the rules.

I've given it a good clean up and taken some fresh photographs.  Scary that it's 24 years old in a month's time.

39725453521_2f885e3e1c_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

24856017447_2f1898f387_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

39725271501_7f6e51f9e7_o.jpgUntitled by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

24856017397_ed3736c95c_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

25853673948_fe9a871d77_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

39016240114_48a4d40787_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

25853673948_df4dfb916b_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

The photos flatter it a bit.  That's a combination of Kosovan Wax, Winter Sun and an iPhone with HDR on.  Still, it's a lovely car.  It had been stood since January 4th and thought nothing of starting and driving me the 50 miles home.  I will miss it, but not selling cheap cars.

Some fair and valid points made here about the photos.  It seems that you have to go to greater effort to sell cheaper cars than the dearer stuff.  Fair enough - if them's the rules, them's the rules.

I've given it a good clean up and taken some fresh photographs.  Scary that it's 24 years old in a month's time.

39725453521_2f885e3e1c_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

24856017447_2f1898f387_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

39725271501_7f6e51f9e7_o.jpgUntitled by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

24856017397_ed3736c95c_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

25853673948_fe9a871d77_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

39016240114_48a4d40787_o.jpgMercedes C180 For Sale. L576ABJ by Bornite Identity, on Flickr

The photos flatter it a bit.  That's a combination of Kosovan Wax, Winter Sun and an iPhone with HDR on.  Still, it's a lovely car.  It had been stood since January 4th and thought nothing of starting and driving me the 50 miles home.  I will miss it, but not selling cheap cars.

Eee lad, that's the ticket!

See what a difference the background makes? if you took the number plates off, and sent the photos to me saying "Which one should I buy?" I'd definitely never guess they were the same cars!

Superfast moby ground to a halt.

When posting Flickr BBCodes, select a smaller size (800x600?) for the previews. If someone wants to view the biggies, they can click through. We're not all on gigabit wifi 24/7

I’ll be sure to post the video in 4K for you then.

Sorry. I only put a few pics up, didn’t realise it’d be a issue. I reckon they’re 4mb each but whatever. Apologies nonetheless.

I hate selling good cars. Its a thankless task which usually ends up costing more in bother, time and effort than the cars worth.

I feel for you man.

Agreed. So far as location and coathangers are concerned sometimes I apply a counter-intuitive approach (worth reading the book Freakenomics) that they will probably keep the price down but I'm not your usual buyer.

I'm REALLY tempted by this, only thing stopping me is the fact your 400 miles away and it'll cost many £££ to get it up the road,didn't notice your location before. Please live closer to Scotchland

Easyjet down, drive back up. Easy. Thats what I done when Borniteldentity sold his Merc to me. Go for it, trusted seller etc.

**oops just noticed you have already pointed it out.

Mmmm... that car, on that driveway, says SUCCESS... whereas, unfairly or not, pics of an old Merc on a trading estate tend to conjure up subliminal images of Arthur Daley-esque characters, hooky MOTs and quality repairs* involving Bacofoil and white-tac. For me, anyway. This latest photoshoot is cracking, though. As others have said, a rare and lovely colour.

You still may get just as many wide-boy chancers bending your ear about a cheap Merc, but then all you need is that one genuine buyer to appreciate the undoubted quality, do the deal without any excuses, sob-stories or having to store it for six months, and then give it the home it so richly deserves.

Oh, and +1 for Autotrader - having had my head melted with Gumtree deadbeats, my last purchase was made from AT with zero hassle. Ad viewed in the morning, discussed over the phone in the afternoon, deal done and readies exchanged that evening and driven away. It went so smoothly I was almost suspicious.

Genuine and heartfelt GLWTS.

I'm off on a weeks holiday with the wife on Saturday, if you could hold onto it till I come back I'd happily pay a deposit to you. I've recently bought a car from a member on here so can vouch for me not being a chancer. Can worry about the logistics later! If of course someone comes up with the readies before me you can let it go.

I can’t really hold onto it for a fortnight, in an ideal world it’d be away this weekend.

With this in mind, £500 drives it away from here. I doubt very, very much that a raffle would sell out in a week - not when there are cars exchanging hands for a day’s pay.

If it STILL doesn’t get a buyer, then I’m going to drive it to my friend’s house and let him either use it as a chicken coop or a shed.

Thanks for your help and all, much appreciated x