Live Collection of Unsaleable car.

BorniteIdentity

I bought a Citroen in the Midlands. When I got picked up from the station there were 3 people in the car and I was told the 'battery is flat' because 'the radio had been left on'. Oh yea I thought-  no sweat. We filled it up  without switching off at the garage and I dropped them off. Turns out the battery was completely f**d taking no charge when I tried it about an hour into the journey on a downhill section of the M1 - so knocked it into gear to restart.  Had to drive all the way to S. London without switching off...or a pee!  They obviously had had to bump the car to start it. It didn't need a story about the radio (it can't be 'left on') -all they needed to say bring a battery. Folks can be odd. I still have the car...

Once bought a nice low mileage Panda off a nice middle class guy in Highgate London...no house worth less than a couple of million upwards. Off we went in the car...had virtually no brakes after a mile or 2... so had to nurse it home. He would have known - people can be very odd when selling. I would never sell a cars without being able to feel it was at least safe or defects known. A less experienced buyer could easily have been killed

These stories make me feel exhausted at the thought of selling a car again. I bought Cort16's Panda 100hp a couple of months ago and have been using it as a daily, but I've got a feeling the Merc will replace it with its luxurious waftiness. Which means I'll probably look to move it on in the near future. I can imagine the sort of Facebook buy and sell clientele it'll attract. Maybe I'll just keep it haha

Hate hate hate selling cheap cars. There's a sweet spot over a certain value but sub £500 means dealing with some truly ghastly people.

The first sensible person who turns up on time with actual cash will generally get a decent discount off me because it means no more dealing with mongs.

High value stuff can be a mare too. A mate has had a succession of high performance cars over the years - he tends to buy a reasonable example, detail the shit out of it and sell after 6 months. He's always made money but he's always had to fend off people who clearly just want to have a go in an M3 or who are pretending to view so they can steal later

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

The thing is, I don't actually have a problem with people turning up with cash and saying "Take £Cheeky and I'll fuck off in it!" 

You can always say no. A few might be back with the HIAB under cover of darkness, but most are just hoping that you want rid of the thing, and are prepared to take the hit. Well, there have been occasions when that applied, so fair dos. 

No, what really pisses me off is the sort of twit who wants a £120 Rover to be in perfect condition. In fact, no he didn't, because I bet he didn't even have £20 to buy the car with. Tbh, to save me the horribly drawn-out misery of taking it to the scrappy, walking to the nearest bus stop in the driving rain, then catching a train, and then another bus home, he could have had it for free if he wasn't such a clanger! 

I got half my £120 in the end: post-20279-0-96629200-1516306733_thumb.jpg

400 miles later, I'm home. Was a pleasant enough drive until encountering a blizzard just past Carlisle and the motorway going down to a single lane with zero visibility, and my wipers almost stuck with ice. many poos shot out of my ani.

Just as well I was in a tank of a motor! Drove all the way up without a hiccup.

post-23087-0-72460700-1516386354_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-57467000-1516386378_thumb.jpg

Boom. What a hero!

I forgot that I still have the third key on my person, so will post it along.

Well done and thanks for being as cool as a coma.

That would be good of you mate, cheers. And ditto, buying /selling cars is a whole lot more pleasurable when actual human beings are involved. Pleasure meeting you.

400 miles later, I'm home. Was a pleasant enough drive until encountering a blizzard just past Carlisle and the motorway going down to a single lane with zero visibility, and my wipers almost stuck with ice. many poos shot out of my ani.

Just as well I was in a tank of a motor! Drove all the way up without a hiccup.

Run the garage washer under it to get off the salt and check for any corrosion starting. These do rust after a time