Citroen Visa 40th Anniversary - You have missed it!

Six-cylinder

2018 is the 40th Anniversary for the Visa and we are going to celebrate that on 8/9 September 2018.

The plan is gather many Visas together at the Chevrons Rally, Little Horwood near Milton Keynes, MK17 0PF.

We intend to arrange a Visa run, out to a place of interest and there will be lots of other Visa-themed activities.  

It is a fantastic site for a weekend event, with plenty of parking, an indoor hall, modern showers and a kitchen, allowing drinks to be served throughout the weekend and hot food to be offered.

While this is a delightful rural setting you are only 3 miles away from food shops and takeaways.

There is on site camping on Friday-Saturday-Sunday nights and I can provide free camping also, for any Visa owners who want to make a longer trip of it, just 3 miles from the Rally field.

If you live outside of the UK, we will be delighted to see you. I live locally, so can offer help and advice with attending the event.

If your Visa does not run, then bring it on a trailer. I may have to do that with one of mine!

Please reserve a place in your 2018 diary and bring your Visa along to this, its biggest UK gathering for many years!

post-4787-0-59447800-1511258634_thumb.jpg

I will be at this again :) In an XM though most probably as they didn't make a Visa estate and even if they had it would probably be too small to sleep in.

Surely C15s aren't verboten in the Visa community?

post-17915-0-51000200-1511261915_thumb.jpg

https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-motorhomes/citroen-c15-diesel-2-berth-romahome-motorhome-camper-van/1260882654

There used to be a late model Visa Leader parked down the side of a house near me for years, white but streaked green; most likely the old lady who lived there had given up driving. Still kicking myself for not making enquiries, but with only on-street parking and a shonky Cortina to run daily, I couldn't have realistically done much with it. Still hoping it found its way to an enthusiast, rather than getting cubed.

This may be my only experience of Visa ownership!

post-17915-0-61517000-1511262034_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a fab weekend lined up, anyways. Forty years old. Wow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Visa 40th Birthday is being help within the Chevrons Rally.

Entry and camping costs for the Chevrons Rally are now published.

Entry per car - Day £[/size]6.00

Entry per car - Weekend pass £[/size]9.00

Camping and car £[/size]20.00

Extend your visit with further camping 3 miles away for Free.

Silly question but do you need a Visa to get in or are other Cits allowed?

Silly question but do you need a Visa to get in or are other Cits allowed?

It's forming part of the Citroen Car Club's Chevrons Rally, which is open to all Citroens. The more, the merrier. Other interesting non-Citroens turn up from time to time as well and tend to get their own row for parking. If a visitor hasn't got a Citroen, that's fine. They will still be able to park in the rally field.

• 1 month later...

With only 49 days to go now, it is the time to fix your Visa and get it ready!

If you have neglected to own a Visa now is the time to buy one!

Maybe you could rent a Visa!

The Term Visa includes C15E, C15D along with all special bodied versions such as Romahomes, LN, and LNA.

It seems we should also be getting a fine selection of 104 shortcuts and Sambas to join our celebrations.

post-4787-0-30085400-1532006482_thumb.jpg