Citroen Visa 40th Anniversary - You have missed it!

Six-cylinder

The Visa Birthday is being held within the Citroen Car Club Chevrons Rally and all Citroens of all ages are welcomed, nay encouraged to visit.

You do not have to be a Citroen Car Club member to be welcomed either.

You don't even need a Citroen to be welcomed. We turned up in the Maxi last year and will probably do so again this time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a volunteer or two to help me set up the Visa 40th Birthday party on Friday 7 September. We can enter the site at 5 pm.

The tasks are erecting our 7m x 4m tent, putting out marker posts and decorating them with tape and French flags, plus add some LED fairy lights. We need to collect a table and some plastic chairs from 3 miles away, clean them and put them out. There are also poster stands to put up.

The site is in Little Horwood 8 miles from Milton Keynes MK17 0PF

post-4787-0-17181000-1533287159_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've not even looked at it yet. Will pick it up this afternoon. If its hopelessly rotten then I'll break it, but I hope not.

I've fancied another C15 for a while. I had one a few years ago when they were everywhere but they seem to be thinning out a lot now so it would be nice if this is a reasonably good one as the days of cheap ones will soon be over!

Well, here it is....post-19511-0-00636000-1535224443_thumb.jpgpost-19511-0-01604400-1535224472_thumb.jpgpost-19511-0-32507300-1535224490_thumb.jpgpost-19511-0-47918800-1535224505_thumb.jpg

Verdict? Seems like a straight old thing. Not knocked about or bodged. Rather crispy though. Door and bonnet knackered, and various holes here and there but nothing major. Sills look ok. Seats ok and seems mechanically sound.

The only real issue though looks to be the bulkhead. It is quite rusty on the seam that runs along its width. I haven't poked it yet. If it's rotten it looks like a complicated repair, possibly dashboard out?

post-19511-0-34378800-1535224523_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No Visas there now. All safely delivered to the show with the aid of the trusty Maxi.

I thought you were very brave turning right out of our road during Friday rush hour!!! :-)

Thanks for your help with moving everything. Are you coming along tomorrow to take a look and do the tour to MK Museum?